Is Jewel D1 Superior Balcony 1558 to small for 3 ?

cptlapcat

I have booked the Jewel of the Sea Royal Suite and was trying to find a room for my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter. I noticed that room 1558 is a 204 sq ft Superior Balcony adjacent to the Royal Suite. I was wondering if that room had any drawbacks and if there was enough room for 3. That was the type of room I was looking for.

Also if I book that room can I remove the partition on balcony so we would have on long balcony?

Thanks

I stayed in the cabin with 3 and it was no picnic but since you have the RS booked next door it should be fine. The couch rolls out like a futon and your grandchild is basically on the floor and there is about a foot of room between the couch (when its open) and the dressing table. Hard getting to the bathroom! The balcony is smaller because the ship starts to bow in after the RS and the cabin goes in kind of making a triangle at the head boards. But like I said with you next door in the RS it should work alright. I don't know if the balcony door opened or not I'm sorry I can't remember but I'm thinking it might have been a solid wall there.

I have booked the Jewel of the Sea Royal Suite and was trying to find a room for my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter. I noticed that room 1558 is a 204 sq ft Superior Balcony adjacent to the Royal Suite. I was wondering if that room had any drawbacks and if there was enough room for 3. That was the type of room I was looking for.

Also if I book that room can I remove the partition on balcony so we would have on long balcony?

Thanks

My husband and I have taken our teenagers twice on the Jewel in D1 cabins with no problems. Depends on who you ask. I wouldn't dream of putting our kids in another room by themselves. The fun we have in those small rooms are always great memories. They are small but we have always managed.

Shanafan

Its that particular cabin that has the problem not all D'1s

We have never had an issue. We have done many different cruises with the kids on different ships and have never had issues. Of course the rooms are small.....they are small especially when you compare them to the comforts of home but we are all so grateful to go on vacation that we can deal with it for a week.

The balcony partitions are not removable on the Jewel.

I thought I saw some Jr Suite photos where five families were side by side and the staff removed the partitions. They had a balcony that ran 5 rooms long.

Am I thinking of another ship or what?

Hi!

I am a Diamond member on RCCL and have sailed on the Jewel many times in a D1 cabin. We always get the sofabed for our 3rd person. It has never been a problem for us. Request a Duvet from the steward for the sofa bed to add more comfort. There is a privacy drape between the beds and the sofa that works well. The only way I can see this being a problem is if the person on the sofabed is over 6'.

The Jewel is my favorite RCCL ship. Enjoy yourself!

Take Care!

Archived