Check room assignment

LSUtraveler

[quote name='serene56']I see you booked your cruise 60 days before the cruise. Its not like it was a last minute cruise though. Its only 10 days after final payment was due.[/QUOTE]I hate to be the bearer of bad news, especially just when you think you're making progress.:( Final Payment is actually only due 60 days out if your cruise duration is less than 6 days.

[quote name='neverenufcruising']I hate to be the bearer of bad news, especially just when you think you're making progress.:( Final Payment is actually only due 60 days out if your cruise duration is less than 6 days.[/QUOTE]

Aww, you didnt bear me bad news- I knew the poster was sailing on a 7 day cruise. But I didnt know the 60 day final payment for cruises that was shorter. Thats why I read these baord-- I learn something new all the time. I just need a new hobby instead of figuring out how assigning cabins work. I have been doing thois since August...LOL

[quote name='serene56']. I have been doing this since August...LOL[/QUOTE]
And just when you think you've got it figured out, someone throws a kink in the works huh? lol.

I'm not stressing about the cabin assignment anymore. Although I must say I was a bit confused as to why some were getting it and not others. Maybe because I booked later. Who knows? I'm just really starting to get concerned about my docs.
I used an online agent to book, and where you can check your trip, it says they haven't received them from the cruiseline yet. I'm hoping that they just don't update that section, and when I venture out to the mailbox they will be there smiling at me. :) My trip is only 21 days now. I KNOW I had them before now last time.

I did learn a lot while doing my "hobby" I did learn something about upgrades that for years I thought otherwise. Especially from people on cruise message boards. Seems a lot of people are under the assumption that the earlier you book a cruise the better for a chance of an upgrade. where that is not the case at all. The more you pay the better you chance of an upgrade. (which seems fair if you think about it) I'd rather have a cheaper price.

I also see taht gauarantee cabins for holiday sailings aer not placed until the last possible minute-- even if the cruise was sold out many weeks ago. (found this strange since other sailings that are sold out set their cabins almost 10 weeks. wow.

[quote name='serene56']I Seems a lot of people are under the assumption that the earlier you book a cruise the better for a chance of an upgrade. where that is not the case at all. The more you pay the better you chance of an upgrade. (which seems fair if you think about it) I'd rather have a cheaper price. QUOTE]

[color=magenta]Hmm...I thought that too. You learn something new everyday. I'd much rather have a cheaper price too, although, I don't know if I'll do this "guarantee" thing again. Too much stress. :p I'll book something I know I'll be happy with. My June sailing I have my room picked out. No wondering there. Just waiting.[/color]

I booked gauarantee only once.. on the LEgend to Nowhere in October. Its NOT something I will ever do again. We booked that cruise LAST novemeber and paid in full at the time. I stressed for months where my cabin was. We booked an oceanview cabin since there was only one deck of coeanviews thinking since I booked early enough the chances of being upgraded was there. Then I started playing with the kelly method--and they moved me 4 times... by the time we cruised I got an ocean view cabin...thats all. LOL all that fret --lol no more.

[quote name='serene56'] I started playing with the kelly method--and they moved me 4 times... by the time we cruised I got an ocean view cabin...thats all. LOL all that fret --lol no more.[/QUOTE]
[color=magenta]I am right there with you. I am too obsessive, I guess, to not know what's going on. I was actually going to attempt that method, and then read your post from a while ago where you said they moved you 4 times and chickened out. I didn't want to get excited and then smacked in the face :o [/color]
[color=#ff00ff][/color]
[color=#ff00ff]Ooh, mailman is here. My docs better be in that mailbox. lol[/color]

Steveaaaa had what I thought would be a good idea for how they SHOULD hand out the upgrades. You could possibly combine this with the cost of what was paid for the guarantee. He said they should look at past guests and their past history for their S&S cards. You'd think they'd give the better upgrades to the people that spend the most money. Makes sense from a business standpoint.

We didn't book our cruise until August 16th of this year. I paid the balance in full on October 4th (about a month early)

There's still 1 Cat 12, 3 Cat 11's, 3 Cat 9A's , 8+ (that's all they'll show at a time) Category 8F, 8G, 8H, and 8I's, 7 Category 8D's available. You can also still book a Cat 8A, 8B, 8C, and 8E Guarantee.

It just seems like a lot of empty cabins left with just over a month to sail. Also, the prices went up again.

The guarantees don't stress me out at all. I just think it's fun trying to figure it out.

Re Steveaaaa post- I think Carnival should do more for their repeat cruisers then what they do offer--nothing except a past cruise party. And a discount on cruises that are no where near the date I want to travel. They dont even offer me a mug.
Same with their suite quest- I would like to see that Carnival treat their suite guest with a tad difference from the people who booked the inside cabins.

Royal and Princess give incentives depending on the amount of times you cruise with them. (I wonder if I am a past quest on Carnival and chose to cruise Princess are my past carnival cruises worth anything then- I mean Princess is owned by canrival.) My goal in life is to become a past guest on all the cruiselines--lol

[b][i][size=3][color=darkorchid]serene56,[/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=3][color=#9932cc][/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=3][color=#9932cc]I knew it! You don't sleep. You GoinCrusin and Halos don't ever sleep. They ought to put you three as hosts.:D :p [/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=3][color=#9932cc]But you're right Carnival doesn't give much to past guests unless you count a slight decrease in the cruise dollar vs others.[/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=3][color=#9932cc]However I'm not sure that really matters, I just booked with Royal Caribbean for next year. Wanta try their big ship too! They've received some good reviews also. What the heck![/color][/size][/i][/b]

[quote name='staylor']Once they have told me what cabin I am in, could it still change? I would love to get an outside!

I booked inside guarantee (IS) and got 4C cabin 6230 on the upper deck.

Thanks experts![/QUOTE]

who told you your cabin number? Carnival? documents? If carnival told you that then more then likely thats what you got..an inside. It is rare that a person gets an oceanview instead of an inside. (it does happen though) upgraded within a category is what people usually get 80% of the time.

IF you are playing with cabins doing the "method" then yes it can change and did for me 4 times. Other ways-like the fun pass or the modify booking page-- its set and thats what you got.

Actually I do sleep- if you check you will not see any postings by me between the hours of 11pm and 9am. But I do have a job that I do nothing but read cruise message boards 6 of my 7 hours that I am working--the other hour I am eating lunch. (LOL)

I did the Royal big ship last year. Did the Voyager for my birthday. Like aft cabins everyone should try that class ship at least once. So which big ship are you gonna try?

serene56- I booked through Crui...Only and called them today. I asked her if my cabin had been assigned. She said she would call Carnival, but told me they usually don't assign cabins until a day or two before sailing. I was on hold for a little while and she came back on ...sounding surprised...and told me what the cabin number was. I have booked inside guarantee before and got a balcony. I wasn't expecting that but just hoping for an outside cabin.

I was hoping it could still change until I actually had the docs in hand! But it could change for the worse.....Thanks for the info!

staylor:

I am sailing with you on the Carnival Valor on February 6th! I am so anxious to go. After seeing that you were able to find out your cabin assignment, I called my personal vacation planner at Carnival to see if she knows my cabin. She says that the cabin assignment is not in the system yet. Darn it all!! Oh well, I'm sure I'll know soon enough. My husband and I booked a balcony guarantee, and I know that I'll be happy anywhere they put us. We would even sleep on a chaise lounge if necessary!

cruiselover- Come join us on the roll call section of the board. In our earlier conversations we talked about meeting each other in the sports bar during the Super Bowl. I don't know if we are still planning that, but it is fun to chat with others going on the same cruise. We give a weather report every few days...helps us deal with the minus 1 temps....hope to see you over there. We try to keep our thread on the first page...:)

There is another lady on this sailing who was told her cabin # also. That is what made me think to even call. I would try again. Maybe it depends on which agent you get, what mood they are in...

I think I may have received some fairy dust according to the back of my sign and sail card from an IS (guarantee) to a 6B (6240) cabin on the Glory. Does anyone know anything about this room except that it's at the very very front of the ship on the Upper deck? I'm wondering if there's a window, lot's of rolling and pitching, etc...thanks folks!

[quote name='Satire501']I think I may have received some fairy dust according to the back of my sign and sail card from an IS (guarantee) to a 6B (6240) cabin on the Glory. Does anyone know anything about this room except that it's at the very very front of the ship on the Upper deck? I'm wondering if there's a window, lot's of rolling and pitching, etc...thanks folks![/QUOTE]Great upgrade. 6240 is a balcony room (8A), not an oceanview so you did really well!!! Front of the ship is no problem. We had a balcony on the Front of the Glory in '03 and didn't feel a thing.

Archived