Going to See QE2 in NYC? Send Your Photos!

Dan Askin

It's farewell forever to the United States for Cunard's Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2). This Thursday morning, the storied ocean liner will make its last call in America when it stops at New York's Westside Terminal. The ship will then embark on its 806th and final trans-Atlantic cruise, accompanied on the ocean crossing to Southampton by fleetmate Queen Mary 2 (QM2).

QE2 is set to become a floating hotel in Dubai this November.

Festivities have been planned to celebrate the last hoorah in New York, and thousands of onlookers are expected to gather to bid adieu to QE2. Planning on going to the historic New York event? Send your pictures to dan@cruisecritic.com -- we'll publish them!

We were on the Westbound transatlantic on QE2. What a great and memorable trip with a wonderful group. Here are a few of my pictures including those this morning when we left QE2 at Pier 90. First and sadly last time on QE2 - as Capt McNaught said - now you know what you've been missing !

I wasn't at the Cunard-sponsored event in Lower Manhattan, but I was across the river. Taken at the pier park near Exchange Place, Jersey City, NJ

QM2 waiting for QE2 to come down the river...

DSC01944.jpg

QE2 passing the Empire State Building for the last time...

DSC01962.jpg

QE2 passing Ground Zero for the last time...

DSC01972.jpg

QE2 meets QM2 with a Red, White and Blue Fireboat Farewell Salute...

DSC01984.jpg

And they sail into the night...

DSC02006.jpg

232323232%7Ffp535%3C%3A%3Evq%3D3253%3E697%3E399%3EWSNRCG%3D3239547463%3C28vq0mrj leaving berth

232323232%7Ffp535%3C3%3Evq%3D3253%3E697%3E399%3EWSNRCG%3D3239547463%3B%3B%3Cvq0mrj QE2 passangers waving goddbye

232323232%7Ffp535%3C7%3Evq%3D3253%3E697%3E399%3EWSNRCG%3D323954746346%3Avq0mrjtug turning ship

232323232%7Ffp535%3C5%3Evq%3D3253%3E697%3E399%3EWSNRCG%3D323954746348%3Bvq0mrj ready to go on her own

232323232%7Ffp535%3C3%3Evq%3D3253%3E697%3E399%3EWSNRCG%3D3239547463497vq0mrj (not a great shot but..Meeting her sister

I was in port on the Carnival Miracle so we got to watch her leave from the best seats in town! It was awesome!

EDIT: Sorry you can't make these bigger by clicking on them. I guess because I copied and pasted them from my Snapfish site. If you would liketo see any larger photos I can repost in a bigger size (I think)

I was in port on the Carnival Miracle so we got to watch her leave from the best seats in town! It was awesome!

Usually the carnival and NCL ship sleave New York around 4 pm so I was suprised to see the Miracle was still there when the QE2 left. I wonder why the late departure for you? When did you leave?

You sure had a good view of the departure!

EDIT: Sorry you can't make these bigger by clicking on them. I guess because I copied and pasted them from my Snapfish site. If you would liketo see any larger photos I can repost in a bigger size (I think)

The linkls to your pictures aren't working :(

Usually the carnival and NCL ship sleave New York around 4 pm so I was suprised to see the Miracle was still there when the QE2 left. I wonder why the late departure for you? When did you leave?

You sure had a good view of the departure!

We were supposed to leave at 5, but the computer's crashed during embarkation and anyone who arrived after that had to get checked in manually so we didn't get out of port until 6:00.

The linkls to your pictures aren't working :(

I will try to get it so you can see them. It was cut ans paste and I think since Snapfish you have be invited to view picture so it wouldn't work. If you want to give me your email address I can invite you to view them.

Sandy

I will try to get it so you can see them. It was cut ans paste and I think since Snapfish you have be invited to view picture so it wouldn't work. If you want to give me your email address I can invite you to view them.

Sandy

I could not find anything on Snapfish that tells you how you can link to your photos on Snapfish on a message board. I use Webshots to upload pictures too that I want to link to individually and it works very well here. For example:

2538530210102790654S600x600Q85.jpg

My photos and videos of the QE2 leaving are at http://good-times.webshots.com/album/568071713oWDnoB

My email address is boytjieny at yahoo dot com, I'd love to see your pictures.

Hi everyone,

Thanks again to all the contributors. I've set up a special farewell gallery for QE2 in our photo gallery section, and gone ahead and sized/formatted/captioned a bunch of pictures. You can send photos (or flikr/webshot-type site links) to me if you'd like. All contributors have been given credit, of course. I'll be adding more as we head toward the final stretch.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showgallery.php?cat=525

Try the slideshow function.

Dan

Archived