Anchorage Hotel Recommendations

Ken076

Our Princess cruise arrives in Whittier Saturday AM and we can get Princess transfer to Welcome Center in town or to the Airport. We have a 7:30AM flight home on Sunday morning. Any suggestions for decently priced hotel with EARLY morning airport shuttle? WRT getting to airport early morning, Does it matter if we stay downtown (with more to do Saturday afternoon) or at/near the airport (closer for early morning flight)? Thanks, Ken

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn midtown last month. They have a shuttle to and from the airport. There is also a restaurant called The Sourdough Mining Company that has a shuttle that will pick you up and return you to the Fairfield or any other hotels in the area. The front desk will make arrangements for you. There is no charge for any of these services. If you get out to the Sourdough there is a shopping area with a show, called the Alasaka Wildberry store. Kind of a nice easy way to start your Alaskan experience. Hope this info helps you.

sombrero6 - thanks for the info1 I was also interested in the Sourdough Mining Company - do you recall where it was located? My main concern now is making sure that there's 5:30 or 6:00 AM transportation to the airport, which I gather isn't all that far away from mid or down town? ken

I know that the Fairfield shuttle runs back and forth to the airport 24 hrs a day. I would think most of the hotel shuttles would do the same. I would say the Sourdough Mining Co. was no more than a 10 minute ride away from Midtown. However, Midtown is nearer to the airport than the downtown hotels. There is much more to do if you stay downtown. I think when we were trying to figure out what to do in Anchorage, a Taxi from the Fairfield to downtown was around $30.00. The Anchorage hotels are quite expensive so do your research. We loved Alaska and hope to go back again!

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Ship Creek Comfort Inn. It is within walking distance to the train station and right next door to the Ulu Factory (just for an idea on location). Was clean, had a kitchenette, continental breakfast and had shuttle available at any time of day/night with 30-60 minutes notice. Was priced substantially cheaper than most of the other hotels in the downtown area.

• 2 months later...

check out the between the arms b and b

taxi was cheap to and from airport, city bus stop is about two block away(very easy to use system),TK coastal trail is approx 2 blocks away and we used it to walk to weekend market and downtown activities.

In 2007 we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express that is near the airport. Last year we stayed at Homewood Suites in Midtown. They had shuttles to the airport as well as shuttles to take you downtown. Warning - they're all on the pricey side.

Archived