celebrity, RCL, Hal Opinions

BillPatrice

We have sailed on Holland America Noordam, RCL Explorer, and are now thinking of Celebrity Mercury 12 day out of baltimore. We are also booked on EOS 12 day this coming Jan. Our experience on Hal vs RCL is that HAL has much more "Class" to their ship along with excellent presentation of food in the dining room. RCL is more of a "fun" ship. Entertainment was equal. EOS has the chambers for late night enjoyment and also late night comedy in the theater where HAL does not. EOS breakfast room service is a joke - it was terrible.

Which does the mercury most compare to. I hear the dining experience is better that RCL. How about entertainment? I am interested in the sky suite on the mercury (full balcony) especially the room service.

Any other information is welcome

Celebrity will lean more towards HAL. Quieter atmosphere. Great service and better food (IMO) than Rcl. Room service is very good. Good menus and service. Mercury is a much smaller ship than the new RCL's without all the bells and whistles. Classier as you say. Entertainment more on line of HAL. Not the party time events in the evening like RCL. Itinerary and time of year will also have a bearing on the entire cruise atmosphere, no matter which line you travel. I know you will enjoy Celebrity if you liked HAL better than RCL. Happy cruising!!!

I have done HAL (Noordam), Celebrity (Century), and Royal Caribbean (three ships). I found Celebrity to be more comprable to HAL than to Royal Caribbean. Compared to Royal Caribbean Celebrity is deifnitely more sedate/relaxing, better food, minimal PA announcements, etc. but less activities and nightlife than Royal Caribbean.

Archived