Help!! Zuiderdam veranda railings...

ncmomof2

It looks like our TA may be able to upgrade us to veranda cabins for less than we're paying for our outsides (thank you very much billroddy for pointing out the sale!!). But because our children will be with us, I only want a veranda if the railing is see-through. Looking at pix of the Zuiderdam, it seems that the verandas have clear railings except maybe for some on the Upper Promenade deck. Does anyone know if there are some solid railings and, if so, which cabins they are?

TIA for help with this and aslo thanks for all the great info I've picked up from all of you in this forum!!

It looks like our TA may be able to upgrade us to veranda cabins for less than we're paying for our outsides (thank you very much billroddy for pointing out the sale!!). But because our children will be with us, I only want a veranda if the railing is see-through. Looking at pix of the Zuiderdam, it seems that the verandas have clear railings except maybe for some on the Upper Promenade deck. Does anyone know if there are some solid railings and, if so, which cabins they are?

TIA for help with this and aslo thanks for all the great info I've picked up from all of you in this forum!!

The VH and VF cabins on the Upper Promenade deck have solid steel railings, not plexiglass. On the deck plan it is indicated with black diamond signs.

One thing I loved about the Zuiderdam when we brought our daughter with us is that the verandah door actually locks with a key so being the overly paranoid mom that I am I was able to sleep more soundly knowing I could lock the door and put the key away where she couldn't get it.

One thing I loved about the Zuiderdam when we brought our daughter with us is that the verandah door actually locks with a key so being the overly paranoid mom that I am I was able to sleep more soundly knowing I could lock the door and put the key away where she couldn't get it.

Great to know, thanks!!!

PS funny, I'm Julie, too...

That is funny! What part of NC are you from? We are just outside Raleigh.

We loved the Zuiderdam, we were on board last year with our daugther and nephew, both 4 and a bunch of other family and friends. If I can answer any questions let me know.

That is funny! What part of NC are you from? We are just outside Raleigh.

Oh, this gets funnier and funnier! I didn't even notice you're in NC, too - we're in Durham!

Did the kids have fun? I'm a little concerned about my kids since I doubt there will be many other kids on board the 1st week of March... When last year were you sailing?

Archived