Carona Beach Break

jh1461

I am sailing on the Carnival Ecstasy in December and I'm curious if anyone has any opinions or advice about the Carona Beach Break Excursion. If you've been on it, would you suggest it? I will be with 3 others and we're all mid 20's, no kids.

Thanks!

Beer is usually $2.00 anywhere along the Malecon. Why on earth pay Carnival for this tour. The beach is only a thee block walk from where the courtesy bus drops you. Very good restaurants too, such as Le Saint Bonnet. The whole deep fried snapper is excellent and the fish is sooo fresh.

Beer is usually $2.00 anywhere along the Malecon. Why on earth pay Carnival for this tour. The beach is only a thee block walk from where the courtesy bus drops you. Very good restaurants too, such as Le Saint Bonnet. The whole deep fried snapper is excellent and the fish is sooo fresh.
H is right on. Le Saint Bonnet is great and I've seen nothing but rave reviews of Buddy's. If you want to drink a cold one there are plenty of places that serve it cold for $2 and if you like to hunt bargains, there are still a few places away from the beach where you can get beer for $1. The real bargains on other goodies are also farther into town.

Both are great places.....ditto on what Hdawson said about the whole fried snapper at Le Saint Bonnet's...it's EXCELLENT!! Buddy's is also great and the shrimp tacos as well as the "ceviche mixto" will put you in a happy food coma.

Le Saint's also has a kind of "grotto" pool and they can also arrange jet ski or banana rides (get your mind out of the gutter, Quagmire lol I'm talking about the kind they pull behind a boat).

Buddy's also has recently set up internet service with brand new computers. It was $5 per hour when we were there in Sept. (You can find it for $1 an hour two blocks up but it IS convienient while at Buddy's)

As far as Corona Beach......hmmm....Picture this: Sweaty, hairy men stumble their drunken butts onto your chaise lounge while, with ear piercing loudness, the D.J. stirs the crowd into thinking this is fun! Oh Joy! Ummmmmm.....at least on the ship the Hairy Man contest is free. Pay 45 bucks?...NO WAY!!!!

Also, here's a pic of our last victim at Le Saint Bonnet's (the fish...yummmmmm!)

083.jpg.3e3e2207b32a6515cc084873b6150304.jpg

Kingfish-- I was looking at your pics and totally found one with me and my mom in the background, lol. You guys looked like you were having tons of fun. I tried to break my mom out of her shell a little, but she is shy. Loved Nachi Cocom!

Kingfish-- I was looking at your pics and totally found one with me and my mom in the background, lol. You guys looked like you were having tons of fun. I tried to break my mom out of her shell a little, but she is shy. Loved Nachi Cocom!

Haha...we WERE having fun! Wish you two would have joined us. It was a blast at Nachi. :)

Archived