QV in Feb 09 newbie from Sydney

shazz56

As i said before i will have a million and i questions on our cruise of a lifetime.

What type of electric plugs will our cabin have. No its not for a hairdryer...for re-charging the batteries for our cameras.

And will a plain black suit with a white shirt and bow tie suffice for formal nights to be interchanged with different shirts and ties for the other nights.As we are flying home from Singpore, we will are limited on luggage space.

I know, probably dumb questions, but........

As i said before i will have a million and i questions on our cruise of a lifetime.

What type of electric plugs will our cabin have. No its not for a hairdryer...for re-charging the batteries for our cameras.

UK type 3 pin socket and a US type 2 pin socket.

And will a plain black suit with a white shirt and bow tie suffice for formal nights to be interchanged with different shirts and ties for the other nights....

Yes it will. Don't worry you won't be the only one in a suit rather than a DJ. If you get the urge you can always hire a DJ on board for a 'one off'.

Don't worry about all the minutiae of dress, as long as you don't turn up in sweat pants, crocs and a singlet at the restaurants you'll be ok mate. That of course is perfectly acceptable in the alternative dining venue i.e. The Lido.

Gari

Hello

Like you I will be flying home from Sydney and realise the luggage problem. I am in the process of buying digital scales. Yes you can wear a black suite for formal evenings. I think the cabins have english and american electric sockets. Any problems go onto the cunard site. All the info should be there.

I have checked the cunard website, and there is very little about the Queen Victoria. And nothing mentioned about the electricic sockets only.

Any one have any idea of the costs of washing and ironing a mans shirt?

I have checked the cunard website, and there is very little about the Queen Victoria. And nothing mentioned about the electricic sockets only.

Any one have any idea of the costs of washing and ironing a mans shirt?

Shazz, the electric sockets are definitely as posted above, 3 pin Uk and 2 pin US. Can't remember what you have in Australia but anyway adaptors can be bought at most airports for any kind of socket combination.

Shirts, each deck has a free laundrette/laundromat, (don't know what you call them in Oz) with an ironing board and iron. The cost for laundering a shirt is not exorbitant, but if you have a lot it can mount up, maybe someone else can tell you exactly how much.

Gari

Hi to Shazz56 and moynalla1

We have a roll call for the WC 2009 and segments we would welcome you to post on there.

Pat

Hey there. thanks for inviting me to your rollcall. When i went to the roll call site, there are so many threads, i am not sure which one to go to! Most people seem to be doing the 'round the world' cruise.

I will meet you there

shazz

Hey there. thanks for inviting me to your rollcall. When i went to the roll call site, there are so many threads, i am not sure which one to go to! Most people seem to be doing the 'round the world' cruise.

I will meet you there

shazz

The roll call is QV World cruise 2009 some of us are going all the way round and others on segments. Please do join us.

Pat

The roll call is QV World cruise 2009 some of us are going all the way round and others on segments. Please do join us.

Pat

Hi , My husband & I will be joining cruise for the Sydney to Singapore part of this wonderfull tri.p. We are from Brisbane Queensland. Margaret & Allan

Archived