Carnivals bar credit coupon

bigdawg86

No. Because they cost $5.31 each, and you can only use them for gifts up to $5.25 each.

I was told that the coupons include the 15% tip.

15% of 5.25 is.78

.78 + 5.25 = 6.03

6.03 - 5.31 = .72

You save .72 a drink by using the coupons.

Is that right?

These "drink coupons" are the stupidest of all marketing ploys... you can do the math all you want, they are still a hassle. Saving .72 a drink is NOT worth ordering these (and then remembering to carry them around the ship, and trying to figure out which drinks they might be good towards!)

Do not bother....

As I like to prepay as much of my vacation as possible, I buy them every cruise. They pay for a glass of wine or 2 each night at dinner. Beer I usually put on my SS card. Well drinks I also use coupon for. When going with a family group, I always buy $80-$100 worth of them. Very easy to use. Just hand them over to bar server.

They can be found on Carnival website under gifts. You prepay for them with a cc and the waiter gives them to you at dinner the 1st night.

I have read some positive things about them and decided to try them. I have ordered 20 coupons (5 sets of 4) for my cruise in 19 days time!!! :)

Ok, so you might only save 72c, but 72c x 20 coupons isn't bad. Also, someone said that they can be used for the DOD refills (or frozen drinks refills - not sure), so you can save a bit more. Also, apparentlly some staff will charge you the extra if it's over 5.25, others will not - so you may save more. And, I read somewhere that they now have a face value of 5.75, but not everyone agreed on that, so it may or may not be true.

I thought it was a good way to just keep the sail & sign account down!

Archived