Jennifer Hudson

sej67

First, I wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of her 3 murdered family members.

I understand she performed on one or more Atlantis cruises. Does anyone know which cruise(s) and year(s) she performed? What was your general opinion of her performance? And did any of these 3 family members accompany her onboard?

just saw ur thread on the main board and wanted to just say a couple of things......

i live on the southside of chicago, just minutes away from the scene of the crime. I feel so bad for j.hud. but all of the city's thoughts and prayers are going out to her family. just about everybody i know is upset about it. but shes a strong woman, God wouldn't put her and her family through anything they couldnt get through together

This was the October before Dreamgirls broke that same year at Christmas.

She did two sets, clips of which were previously on YouTube.

She was great, a diamond in the rough. Unpolished (not a bad thing), down to earth, and honestly, unaware (not yet jaded) of what was about to happen with the movie and her career. She wasn't allowed to sing either of the two big numbers from the movie, but she sang a bar of I Am Changing.

After that performance, everyone in the room knew she was going to be a big star.

I was also on the Atlantis Mexican Riveira cruise. I think Jennifer is a great talent and feel terrible about her family tragedy. But as for the cruise: She came on in a very ill fitting dress (too tight, and it looked like she had slept in it). She coudn't do any of the Dream Girls songs, but did sing very well. I don't remember seeing her onboard after the show was over. But her career is going great now and I hope she can get through the recent tragedy.

Archived