Galveston Surounding Area Hotels?

Juligan

We need some help. We are searching for a hotel for one night pre-cruise in Dec. Somewhere close to Galveston but not in Galveston since there will be a bike rally that weekend.

If you would like to make some suggestions we would prefer it to be less than $100 and include free internet and breakfast. I know, we don't want much. Something clean and in a safe area. I have googled until my eyes have crossed and I just don't know what to do.

Please offer any reviews that you have.

Thank you!

check out www.choicehotels.com

comfort inn, there are several. you may be better off staying on the island. but it will be hard to get under the 100 a night rate on a saturday night. This is prime time. if yo uhave AAA or gov/mil you can get the govt rate which will help. but look online at the best rate available but dont book. Call the hotel directly and ask for rates, then ask for a manager or sales manager and get a managers rate. They will usually go down a little. unless of course they are running short of rooms and still have plenty of time to sell them. They will usually over sell rooms just like the airlines to cover cancelations. Another reason to stay on the island is that comfort inn and I know the Hampton Inn offers cruise parking. I am staying at the Hampton Inn on the seawall and they offer cruise parking for $25 for the week, My room is just over 100 a night but the savings in parking cost justifies it. Hampton also has breakfast and internet.

We need some help. We are searching for a hotel for one night pre-cruise in Dec. Somewhere close to Galveston but not in Galveston since there will be a bike rally that weekend.

If you would like to make some suggestions we would prefer it to be less than $100 and include free internet and breakfast. I know, we don't want much. Something clean and in a safe area. I have googled until my eyes have crossed and I just don't know what to do.

Please offer any reviews that you have.

Thank you!

Check the Clearlake/Webster (NASA) area. We are staying at the Hampton Inn for 109.00 w/ hot breakfast the same weekend as you. We have stayed here before and this is one of the cleanest places we have ever stayed...great beds too! When I called last week they had plenty of availability. The hotel is located about 20 miles from Galveston.

We do have a reservation at the Baymont Inn in Galveston also, but as of last week they could not confirm that they would be able to honor our reservation as FEMA has extended stays through the end of November. After that they are taking it one day at a time. I guess we all need to have a "plan B".

Hope this helps and if I can help further let me know! Good Luck!

Enjoy your cruise!

We've stayed twice now at the Days Inn at the NASA/Clear Lake exit of I-45. It's nice and quiet, and the king room rate runs about $75. The king room included a sitting area with a mini-kitchen that had a microwave, fridge and coffeemaker. The bath areas are spacious and the rooms we've had all included a whirlpool bathtub.

The motel has a decent continental breakfast that included the usual cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, coffee and juice.

I've never brought my computer, but I believe they offer internet.

Here's a picture of the king room. Please excuse our mess, I didn't think to take the pictures until we were leaving.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/russjackieb/Days%20Inn/KingRoom.jpg

And here's a picture of the vanity area next to the bathroom.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/russjackieb/Days%20Inn/Vanity1.jpg

Thanks everyone for all your help. We booked at the Comfort Suites in LaPorte. It had good ratings on Tripadvisor.

We are booked at the Comfort Suites for this Saturday. I will try and post a review from the hotel :D .

From the Comfort Inn in LaPorte be sure to allow yourselves an additional 30-45 minutes to get to Galveston if you plan to travel south on I-45. The the east/west roads from LaPorte to I-45 South, depending on the time of day, can be very busy.

From LaPorte, you could, however, continue south on Hwy 146 which meets up with I-45 South just north of the bridge over to Galveston Island and that route, depending on traffic, could only add 20-30 minutes to your trip.

Juli,

The Sunday traffic should be less than most other periods, but it can still be a factor. Just wanted you to be aware of the longer travel time to Galveston from LaPorte due to both the greater distance and the possiblity of traffic. There are a couple of construction sites on I-45 which often result in partial road closures over the week-ends. The word for here is to leave yourselves plenty of time. :)

Thank you!

I am not too worried, as the Ecstasy left a lot latter than normal, and the Conquest is much bigger and will take longer to re-load supplies.

Our check out is at noon, but I am thanking about requesting a later check-out. My DH is not one, for waiting around for hours, during embarkation.

We checked in this afternoon. We are in a king suite with a Jacuzzi bath (for one). It is an oval bath, that if you want to get comfy with your SO, it will work :D .

We drove down from the Dallas area, and the jacuzzi is a treat for sore backs....darn getting old is a pain in the .........

The atrium is nicely decorated for the fall and very clean. I am very pleased that we booked our room here. Extra blankets and pillows are in the dresser, free high-speed internet, free hot breakfast, good parking. Will post more about the food for breakfast in the morning....

How far is it from the port to get on a Carnival ship? How will you get to/from the port? Are there any restaurants nearby? Sorry for all of the questions :confused: , but I'm looking for a pre-cruise and possibly post cruise hotel for me and DH in March. Thanks for any info.

Archived