Can you walk on with a bottle of wine?

pocoehonda

Carnival's policy prohibits bringing alcoholic beverages including wine onboard at port calls. The procedure is to collect the bottles as you reboard and deliver them to cabins on the final night of the cruise.

With that said actual experience is quite another matter. We have encountered everything from strict enforcement by aggressive security, to nothing at all. On our last cruise I brought a case of Steinlager beer onboard in Maui. Security asked if it was beer, I said yes and they waived me on. :D

As always with carnival, YMMV. ;)

Sure, but wouldn't it be easier to put it in a carry-on bag? One less thing go carry in your hands.:D

You found this post annoying??? So you came back with so you could hit her over the head with it. I think that cotton thought you were joking here and came back with another joke. Lighten up, no one was smearing you. I think you are taking things way out of context here. Hope you have a great cruise and please, continue to use these boards to answer any questions you have. When you get back from your cruise, please come back and give us a review. Bon Voyage.:)

just wondering if port or sherry (or night train) could be brought on board under the wine clause.

I don't think you will have a problem as long as the bottle resembles a typical wine bottle. We have always had our bottled wine packed in a carry on and I assume the security officer sees it in the x-ray and acknowledges the shape of the bottle. They have never examined the bottle beyond the x-ray.

Well........Thx to those who understood my little stab at humor.:D

I always try to be nice, especially to newbies. Poecoe, stick around. There are very few folks on here who delibertly try to make anyone feel bad.

Then again, there's the "P-stalker" I've had for a coupla years on here, who's already been banned twice. BUT he still keeps trying to attack me in his own subtle way. It would be laughable, except that I think he must be a pitiful, lonely guy.

Can you walk on with wine or does it have to be packed? Thanks in advance.

The question is, can you walk on AFTER you have wine? :D

People post a question, then...Some one always has a smarty pants reply. So, I decided to give you a taste how it feels. I have cruised before.I have never brought wine on board. Now, I know how much I can bring and I can walk on with it (not carrying it in my hands as you pointed out earlier). I just find it extremely discouraging and annoying that some people continue to make op's feel stupid for posting questions here.

Really, I did not ask the question to get "Humor". I do not think I asked or said anything wrong. I am a nice person and I love to cruise that is why I joined.I am leaving next week on my trip and I needed to ask a question. I tried to joke back with the "Little old lady". I could have ignored her-Should of ignored her(If I found her reply annoying, which I did). Now, Your telling me I said a threat of violence? I was trying to be a annoying smarty pants back. Give me a break. I guess I should no longer post on here.Seems like I can't win for losing.

Lighten up, Francis. Nothing wrong with a little humor.

In section 8f of your cruise contract, and on page 3 of your cruise documents, the issue of Liquor policy is addressed. Both documents state that "guests (21 years and older) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise".

When we went we carried the one per person, including one for each of our 4 kids. Hehe

So is it per adult or per passenger? We're going to be four adults and four kids, so it could mean doubling (or halving) the amount of wine we can bring...

So is it per adult or per passenger? We're going to be four adults and four kids, so it could mean doubling (or halving) the amount of wine we can bring...

Per adult, although you may be able to bring more aboard, but technically, 1 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne per adult passenger.

Per adult, although you may be able to bring more aboard, but technically, 1 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne per adult passenger.

I'm not trying to get away with anything. I'll follow the rules as intended. I just want to be sure I'm understanding them properly...

While on the subject of bringing wine onboard, does anyone have any advice on bringing the wine from home, which includes getting it to the port via airplane? I am leaving Sunday for Carnival Triumph out of Miami with my girlfriend whose first cruise it is and can't wait! My question is: does anyone have any recommendations on how to get it to Florida from Jersey via our flight? If I put it in my luggage that I check-in will it break due to the pressure changes? Back in the early 1990's my dad flew from California to NJ with some extra Coors Light bottles in his luggage (you can't let alcohol go to waste!) and it broke, obviuosly resulting in all of his clothes smelling like that alchy on the corner-lol. I know I can put it in a bag to try to prevent this, but I want to bring a 1.5 liter bottle.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

You will have to put anything liquid in your checked luggage. Breakage in luggage is possible but not due to pressure changes, rather the rough handling by the airlines. Still you can put the bottle in a large ziplock bag, then bubble-wrap the whole package and feel reasonable secure that nothing will leak.

Considering the weight restrictions and cost for baggage on the airlines these days, it might be cheaper and easier to stop at a store on the way to the pier. In Florida the grocery stores sell wine. Just ask the cab driver to take you to a wine shop or supermarket and wait for you. The added cost will probably be far less than an extra checked bag and you won't need to worry about breakage.

I'm not trying to get away with anything. I'll follow the rules as intended. I just want to be sure I'm understanding them properly...

My husband and I each carry on a bottle and put one each in our checked luggage. We have never had a problem.

Yep, I do the same - pack a bottle in checked and carry on a bottle. You'll find that the rules are not hard and fast, and that many people are bringing bottles larger than 750 ml, definitely take advantage of this little perk.

While on the subject of bringing wine onboard, does anyone have any advice on bringing the wine from home, which includes getting it to the port via airplane? I am leaving Sunday for Carnival Triumph out of Miami with my girlfriend whose first cruise it is and can't wait! My question is: does anyone have any recommendations on how to get it to Florida from Jersey via our flight? If I put it in my luggage that I check-in will it break due to the pressure changes? Back in the early 1990's my dad flew from California to NJ with some extra Coors Light bottles in his luggage (you can't let alcohol go to waste!) and it broke, obviuosly resulting in all of his clothes smelling like that alchy on the corner-lol. I know I can put it in a bag to try to prevent this, but I want to bring a 1.5 liter bottle.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Like yst said, best to stop on the way to the pier, then carry it on. Bear in mind that the ship's luggage handlers are just as rough as the airlines, so if you do decide to pack any breakable bottles (wine, etc), you should wrap them in bubble wrap, then at least one layer of zip locks, and place them in the center of the bag. I have never had a bottle break and have done it at least 6 times.

Yep, I do the same - pack a bottle in checked and carry on a bottle. You'll find that the rules are not hard and fast, and that many people are bringing bottles larger than 750 ml, definitely take advantage of this little perk.

Actually I just read my documents, and there is no mention of size just that an adult can bring one bottle of wine each..so that is my written contract with them and I'll bring the bigger size for sure...

Actually I just read my documents, and there is no mention of size just that an adult can bring one bottle of wine each..so that is my written contract with them and I'll bring the bigger size for sure...

Hmmmmm mine says 750 ml,,,,but it's all good, as DH doesn't drink wine, so I brought one for me and one for him,,,,,,and I'll drink HIS :) Holly

Archived