daisy1

daisy 1

hi cruisers, were going on poa cruise 12=13-08 first time for us on ncl.and hawaii. can anyone tell me if there is an advantage of a self tour over a guided tour going to volcano national park and rainbow falls tour? wouid we miss a lot of interesting info. on self tour? any advice well be appreciated on this or any of the islands site seening.

• Administrators
hi cruisers, were going on poa cruise 12=13-08 first time for us on ncl.and hawaii. can anyone tell me if there is an advantage of a self tour over a guided tour going to volcano national park and rainbow falls tour? wouid we miss a lot of interesting info. on self tour? any advice well be appreciated on this or any of the islands site seening.

Hi, and welcome to Cruise Critic! :) I'm one who favors renting a car and touring Volcanoes National Park on your own if that is do-able for your party. Rental cars are cheap in Hawaii if you reserve in advance, and the drive to and from Hilo is very easy.

There is so much to see and do at VNP, and you never know what will grab you and where you will want to spend more time than the bus tours plan to. It's not hard to find information on Volcanoes National Park -- our tax money furnishes an excellent website all about it -- http://www.nps.gov/havo/. Also, the ranger station on site has wonderful exhibits and a film, along with the most up to date info on the current eruption. We spent our entire day in Hilo at VNP, and still didn't get to do all we wanted to do there -- I was so glad our only time limit was getting back to the ship, and that we weren't repeatedly waiting for a tour group to get off the bus, get on the bus, shop, etc.

Have a great trip to Hawaii!

Archived