Humpback whales

Norcal Cruiser

I have not seen any yet over here on the Big Island...but, it is a little early for me to be looking. Usually the sightings begin sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. A few weeks ago there was one sighting....but none that I have heard of since then.

But, anything can happen....so stay alert and have fun!!

:Dwill be Hilo Dec 1, Ohau Dec 2 ,Kauai Dec 3, Lahaina Dec 4. any suggestions where one could check out the whales ?.. no scheduled tours from princess, (tells me doubtful sightings), love nature, would dig any :eek: wildlife ( animal )have time in each place, renting car in Hilo doing the vnp, there till 7 pm..also pearl /arizona at Oahu,ends 2 pm , there till 11 pm ..Kaua'i big splurge with Helicopter tour( thru princess) doing this early will have pm 1 - 4 to do something, Maui/ snorkel cruise hope to spot nature on this hopefully..over 2 pm should have 3-4 hrs till sail @ 7pm. any suggestions from experts will be taken seriously!! want to take in the beauty :) thanks for reading

glenda

Your best shot at seeing whales that early is probably around Maui. If any whales are spotted, your Captain will come on the P.A. system and announce the sighting. Also, the buzz of a whale sighting spreads quickly throughout the passengers on the ship. Just keep your eyes on the ocean and keep your ears open. Good Luck!!

Archived