Keep or Rebook? A Math Question...

jkeivel11

We just booked the Miracle for 3/4/2010 a few days ago. Then, they announced the fuel surcharge elimination for all bookings in 2010. My booking includes the fuel surcharge, but I got the room at a lower rate (obviously). I was told by my PVP that if crude is less than $70 per barrel, we are eligible for a refund of the fuel charges as OBC.

Currently, if I rebooked the total price of my cruise would go up about $16. Is it better to leave my booking at the lower cabin rate with the fuel surcharge and hope that crude is below $70 to get my OBC OR should I cancel and rebook at the higher rate w/o the fuel surcharge and just hope for price reductions on the cabin?

Example.

I booked 8A Balcony for $1,039/pp

Total w/fuel, taxes, etc: $2,321.74

If I rebook, the 8A Balcony is $1,119

Total w/taxes and no fuel: $2,337.74

I guess what I'm asking is: Do I have a better chance of getting the fare at a lower rate or the fuel surcharge refunded? Should I gamble and hope for both? What would you do?

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense.

We just booked the Miracle for 3/4/2010 a few days ago. Then, they announced the fuel surcharge elimination for all bookings in 2010. My booking includes the fuel surcharge, but I got the room at a lower rate (obviously). I was told by my PVP that if crude is less than $70 per barrel, we are eligible for a refund of the fuel charges as OBC.

Currently, if I rebooked the total price of my cruise would go up about $16. Is it better to leave my booking at the lower cabin rate with the fuel surcharge and hope that crude is below $70 to get my OBC OR should I cancel and rebook at the higher rate w/o the fuel surcharge and just hope for price reductions on the cabin?

Example.

I booked 8A Balcony for $1,039/pp

Total w/fuel, taxes, etc: $2,321.74

If I rebook, the 8A Balcony is $1,119

Total w/taxes and no fuel: $2,337.74

I guess what I'm asking is: Do I have a better chance of getting the fare at a lower rate or the fuel surcharge refunded? Should I gamble and hope for both? What would you do?

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense.

I would leave as is and keep checking because you may find better rates the closer you get to your sail date also.

Id rebook if its a cruise for 2010 and lock in the no fuel surcharge, but you actually pay more, so its iffy balcony and higher I see on yours. For some of the lower categories, its cheaper to rebook, Higher categories, might be hard to hold those higher prices with bookings down.

In your case you can hang onto what you got and gamble with no loss too. Id say its a wash, 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other.

Archived