Booked again - shhh!!

We'll I've done it again - managed to book a cruise in secret:p . Mentioned to kids and hubby about the Pacific Sun no longer cruising the south pacific after dec 09 and kids wanted to go on another one - well managed to get a fantastic price on Ocean Waltz (4th Aug-12 Aug) - Auckland to Brisbane so have booked and paid for it. It also happens to fall in DS's 17th Birthday so it will be a great birthday present for him.

Rach:D

Very sneaky, but fantastic news. :)

I saw great prices for that cruise next year, but nothing at the moment fits in with the family.(Maybe I should leave them all behind!!) ;)

Just curious- will your DS be in yr 12 next year?

Stephen should theoretically only be going into year 11 next year but the decision was made to split his year 11 and 12 over 2 years

(he has adhd and asperger's syndrome). Next year he is doing 3 Year 12 subjects - English, Practical Art and Physics and the others are Year 11 subjects - Info Tech, Maths Studies, and another one I can't remember. Here in the NT you don't necessarily need to do 2 consecutive years of study - you just need to do 12 Stage 1 units and then 10 stage 2 units and each unit is a semester in length. So at the end of next year he wiill have completed 13 Stage 1 and 6 stage 2 with 4 to go in 2010.

I have already spoken to his teachers - friends of mine and he won't have a problem with missing 1 1/2 of school at that time of year as we will have only just gone back to school from our 4 week holiday.

Rach

Oh thats good that every thing fits into plan.

I hope you dont think I was being nosy asking that question, but Im in the "daughter in yr 12 next year situation" and she refuses to miss any time off school (even for a cruise:eek: )

P.S

she did her first transition year in Darwin in 1997.We lived there from 1994-1997.

Archived