newbie with questions about jewel

kanitter

Hello all, I've been spying on you guys and gals for about 2 months now. I've got to let you know there are days I've just about busted a gut laughing. You guys are great. So I feel pretty comfortable asking a couple of questions now. By checking past schedules, would it be safe to assume that the Jewel will probably do a ta from dover to ny sometime in sept 2010? It seems like she does this most years. I sure hope so, because my dh and I would like to celebrate our 30th anniversary on that trip. Since reading this board, I'm itching to go right now!! It would be the first cruise that we have done together. My dh is no stranger to cruising as he was in the navy for 20 years. Just a little different of a trip tho. I've already got our cabin picked out that I would like to get for us. I would like to get a aft ph on deck 8 or 9. If anyone knows why that would be a bad choice, please let me know. My son and his gf, my dd, and also my father all want to go also. There is going to be alot of dissapointed people If ncl stops doing this run. So my question is (finally getting to the point:D ) when does ncl usually come out with their fall schedules. I know that they have schedules out right now that run up to march 2010, but that's as far as I have seen. I keep watching because of what i learned since reading these boards, are that the aft cabins go really quick. I have to let you know, I have checked out other boards, but you guys seem to do a better job as far as welcoming all different questions, than the other guys do.

So this is the board i decided I would finally ask questions on. And I know I'll have a lot of questions as the time goes, but I feel like I've already learned a lot just by reading all of your posts. Thanks in advance for any help about the schedules. :)

Hello all, I've been spying on you guys and gals for about 2 months now. I've got to let you know there are days I've just about busted a gut laughing. You guys are great. So I feel pretty comfortable asking a couple of questions now. By checking past schedules, would it be safe to assume that the Jewel will probably do a ta from dover to ny sometime in sept 2010? It seems like she does this most years. I sure hope so, because my dh and I would like to celebrate our 30th anniversary on that trip. Since reading this board, I'm itching to go right now!! It would be the first cruise that we have done together. My dh is no stranger to cruising as he was in the navy for 20 years. Just a little different of a trip tho. I've already got our cabin picked out that I would like to get for us. I would like to get a aft ph on deck 8 or 9. If anyone knows why that would be a bad choice, please let me know. My son and his gf, my dd, and also my father all want to go also. There is going to be alot of dissapointed people If ncl stops doing this run. So my question is (finally getting to the point:D ) when does ncl usually come out with their fall schedules. I know that they have schedules out right now that run up to march 2010, but that's as far as I have seen. I keep watching because of what i learned since reading these boards, are that the aft cabins go really quick. I have to let you know, I have checked out other boards, but you guys seem to do a better job as far as welcoming all different questions, than the other guys do.

So this is the board i decided I would finally ask questions on. And I know I'll have a lot of questions as the time goes, but I feel like I've already learned a lot just by reading all of your posts. Thanks in advance for any help about the schedules. :)

To a fellow Missourian - welcome! As for when exactly NCL will release their schedule, you'll have to keep watching. My experience tells me that it is always possible that they could move another ship out there to do the itinerary you are looking for. What I would suggest, which is only my opinion, would be to find a TA - someone you know and trust - and have them work on this for you over the next few months. Or, you can call NCL and talk with one of their agents.

But mostly, keep your eyes and ears and open and keep reading reviews and gathering information. Planning is not only an integral part of a cruise, but I find it almost as fun as vacationing!

Have fun with your planning.

Cruzin2paradis09, Thanks for the info. I'll keep watching the ships schedules. I haven't talked to a ta yet since it's so far away before we could cruise, but I do have someone in mind. I think the worst part of trying to plan for this trip, is seeing how high the airfare is. It would be nice if the prices came down but I really don't see that happening.Like I said before, I'm sure I'll have more questions later, and thanks for your help.

Sue

With the economy the way it is, all kinds of things could happen. For example, right now the TA trips are very well priced. Next year? Who knows. It will change.

PS - i think your main question was when the TA schedule for fall 2010 would come out. If that was your question, you might have gotten more response if that was in the subject line.

Hey...I have an idea...how about coming on the Dover/NY TA next September instead of 2010? The prices are terrific right now...since September I've gotten 4 price decreases - right now for an AF we are paying less per person than we have on any of our other NCL cruises. Go take a look at NCL's site. And their airfare is really good too (from JFK). We've already got a roll call going. You would be most welcome I assure you.

Friends who are traveling with us took the Jewel last year from Barcelona to Miami and they loved the ship. However the Jewel went up to the Baltic's this Summer (as she will next Summer as well), hence she's repositioning to the States via Dover and, my hometown, NY.

It's a thought...but the prices right now are really really great!

However, if you're set on 2010, I can tell you that my PCC at NCL advised me the new itins for 2010 should be out around Spring 2009. I'm looking for pricing on the Buenos Aires/Santiago itin in December 2010.

Again, welcome to the board too! :D:D

garycarla, thanks for the response and for the tip on the title, as I said I'm new to the boards so still trying to get everything right.

meaclasact2, thank you also for the response. To be honest I would love to move our cruise up. But it's too hard for me to go out of town for more than a day or two for awhile, ( I started back to college, at 51 I should have my head examined:eek:) And also our two grown children want to go with us and it will take them awhile to save up enough money. It probably wouldn't be so bad, but we live in Missouri, so have to fly to any port.I can't believe the prices right now. And I really doubt they will get any better:mad:!!So for now I just have to read the boards here and see how much fun everyone else is having. But at least with me reading the boards for so long, I have a pretty good idea of what to expect on our cruise.I'm also having fun watching some of the boards lighting up with differences,(like sneaking liquor onboard):eek:. If nothing else it's entertaining.

Again, thanks to you both for the replies, have fun on whatever cruises you have planned.

Sue

Archived