Cockelshell Taxi & Tour

IHATESNOW

I will have a party of 4 going for the day in January. We'd like to just grab a taxi and get a nickel tour on the way to Cockelshell, hang at the reaggae beach bar & beach and be returned to the ship mid afternoon.

What can I expect to pay to get a driver that will do this for us? Are there a lot of shady drivers there or can we expect straight shooters who are fair & reasonable?

The taxi drivers are all very honest. Have them take you to the beach & agree on a pick up time & pay him when you return to the ship. They will do that. I am not sure of the cost but about $ 40-50 for the trip with return. We usually rent a car when we are in St Kitts.

it was $15 pp last year; this year we hired the cab driver we had last year to do a full tour of the island and then the beach later and it cost more. Taxi prices are govt regulated and they have maps with pricing so there's no chance of a rip off. St Kitts is beautiful and the people great. The beach at Cockleshell was rocky; apparantly eroded with the Hurricane a few weeks ago. Kids rented a jet ski there and had a blast. Food was very good, but a tad on the expensive side ($11 for 3 chicken strips and fries).

• 1 month later...
I will have a party of 4 going for the day in January. We'd like to just grab a taxi and get a nickel tour on the way to Cockelshell, hang at the reaggae beach bar & beach and be returned to the ship mid afternoon.

What can I expect to pay to get a driver that will do this for us? Are there a lot of shady drivers there or can we expect straight shooters who are fair & reasonable?

It sounds to me that the cab there and back is close to $50.00, the beach and food is not thet great,etc. I'm thinking it may be a very good idea to rent a room at Marriott St. Kitts for $99.00 with a $10.00 cab ride. From what I read,its the best beach on St. Kitts.

My friend(2 girls) and I will be on the Victory 1/25 and would be glad to share in the cost of the room. Hey! its only $30.00 per person to be at a fab resort beach,bar hot tub,pool,etc. including taxi ? Sign me up!!!

Archived