Billcrooz - Viking Cooking School & Bon Appetit Supper Club

Steve Tucker

Billcrooz - You had posted a reply on the Silver Spirit thread but I am creating a new thread as the subject was the Viking Cooking School on V#3828 Panama Canal cruise departing Nov 18.

You are correct that for a very short time we did have this cruise scheduled with a Viking Cooking School chef, but as is the case with many enrichment type programs, we had a scheduling conflict with the chef so we elected to change the voyage to a Bon Appetit Supper Club. Although this was done some time ago, I am at a loss as to why you did not receive a response if and when you contacted us.

What I can tell you about the Bon Appetit Supper Club is that the intent is to transform the La Terrazza into The Bon Appetit Supper Club for V3828 from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale for all nights except the Captain's Welcome Aboard and the Farewell Dinner. Our special guest chef is Bon Appetit's Suzanne Tracht from Jars restaurant in Los Angeles. She will be onboard preparing her some of her restaurants menu items for our guests. We will have a jazz or latin combo or trio playing light dinner music while the guests enjoy their meal. We will clear the middle of the room for a dance floor for guests to enjoy after dinner dancing through the evening. La Terrazza will stay open as long as guests are still there enjoying themselves. A Bon Appetit staff member will be onboard to assist with all aspects of this and we will include Bon Appetit's logos along with Jars on the menus in La Terrazza during this special cruise. Notices will be provided to guests in the Chronicles explaining the Supper Club concept and inviting them to join us for dinner there. It will be reduced to approximately 60 guests per night as we will need to remove some of the center tables to provide an area for the dance floor. Since it is a 17 day cruise, all guests should have the opportunity to dine at least once and hopefully more if they choose. The wines will be our "complimentary wines" with California being the preferred choice since Suzanne's restaurant is located in California and the voyage is sailing from LAX. Also, for other people who may read this thread, this voyage is almost sold out. So....we will be offering two more Bon Appetit Supper Clubs in 2009. Dates TBA shortly.

I hope this addresses your inquiry.

Thank you,

Steve Tucker

Director of Sales and National Accounts - Eastern Region (Americas)

Silversea Cruises

thanks for the response Steve;it sounds like a good trip;I spoke to a young lady on the phone yesterday about another matter and mentioned to her about the change regarding the Viking cooking seminar and she had no idea what I was talking about.......nice to get an in depth answer !:cool:

Archived