Not getting an adjustment because of new rate for new bookings only

baf10

I am going on the splendor on 11/21. I only booked the cruise 2 weeks ago. I got 2 adjustments each for $84 when the rate dropped $100 each time. Today I saw the rate has dropped $200. I asked my agent to get me another adjustment and they said they spoke to a supervisor and resolution and they all said no. Has anyone else had the same expereience and does anyone have any ideas to get the adjustment?

Thanks

I am going on the splendor on 11/21. I only booked the cruise 2 weeks ago. I got 2 adjustments each for $84 when the rate dropped $100 each time. Today I saw the rate has dropped $200. I asked my agent to get me another adjustment and they said they spoke to a supervisor and resolution and they all said no. Has anyone else had the same expereience and does anyone have any ideas to get the adjustment?

Thanks

Everyone has always said to keep calling back until you get someone who will give it to you.;)

I tried the same thing today. I got an OBC last week of $357 for the upcoming Splendor cruise and noticed that the same inside cabin military rate had dropped another $100. So, I called and my TA contacted Carnival, but they told her that it wasn't available and besides they had already given us a big credit last week so they wasn't going to give us another one this week.

Not sure, but I might try again tomorrow and see if I get someone new.

baf10 - If your subject line is correct, that the Promo you saw was for New Bookings only, then they understandably, generally won't give you the price drop - I don't think calling and re-calling would help in this situation. If you're deposited and not in the penalty window, you can cancel and re-book, but you'd lose your current cabin assignment.

I just had my TA call about getting a OBC. Carnival told her I would have to give up my assigned cabin and go back into the pool in order to get an OBC.

This is the norm..... you were probably booked as a guarantee to start with and have to go back to that status to get the OBC.

From my previous post, I called again the other day after noticing that the military rate for the Splendor was down even further. For a 4A cabin, it is now about $670 total for 2 people, which was $200 less than what I was paying even after getting the OBC.

So, when I called back, they offered to move us to a OV cabin for no additional charges. I would have liked to just get the $200 OBC in addition to the one we got before, but they won't do that. So, I took what I could get.

Lesson learned: Be persistent with your TA, as some will go the extra mile for you and others will not. It appears that Carnival is supportive in the process

Cruising in less than 30 days now!!!!

I love getting credits and OBC as much as the next guy and in fact check the prices regularly.

But with that said, I do think that the cruise lines should all limit the amount of times a person can get a credit or adjustment and I also think that after final payment it shouldn't happen at all.

You pay your money early to get the best rates sure, but also to get your cabin location secured (unless it's a gty) and for that, you might have to pay a little more.

I think (and don't anyone bash me cause it's just what I think) that if the cruise lines kept the credits to a limit of 2 times, then people wouldn't be calling every time the cruise went down $10 or $20 for a cruise. I know I wouldn't and that would save a whole lot in administrative charges for Carnival and TA's that honestly don't make a huge amount of commisson on our bookings.

For the two cruises that I have booked I have received one credit per cruise so far and I think they were substantial - $185 total for one and $200 total for the other. If I saw it drop another $10 pp or so, I wouldn't think of calling my TA to make that adjustment (even though they would), but believe me an adjust like we already got AND before final payment, you bet! After that, as IamANewfie said, I will be happy with the adjustment(s) that I have already received. Airlines or all inclusives would not give even one adjustment, so I consider ourselves very lucky already.

Archived