Royal Carribean Freedom or Norwegian Dawn?

time11130

We are trying to decide on a cruise for our 25th wedding anniversary. We have been on 2 Royal cruises and Loved both but think maybe we would like the Freestyle cruising. Any advice? Is Norwegain good for a 18 year old boy? We are thinking about taking our Son for his High School Grad present and thought spending time with him before he goes off to college would be nice. Just wondered if there would be anything for him to do, he is not into clubs, dancing and and such. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can give me, trying to get something booked ASAP for next June/July. Lisa in Indiana

Personally, I'd pick the Freedom. It's much newer and bigger than the Dawn and has awesome activities such as the flow rider, rock wall and ice skating.

Crusing with an 18 y/o isn't easy. He's too young to drink and too old to be in the teen club. I'd pick a port intensive sailing with less days at sea. That way you could spend most of the time visiting ports.

Also, you might want to consider asking his best friend to come along.

Personally, I'd pick the Freedom. It's much newer and bigger than the Dawn and has awesome activities such as the flow rider, rock wall and ice skating.

Crusing with an 18 y/o isn't easy. He's too young to drink and too old to be in the teen club. I'd pick a port intensive sailing with less days at sea. That way you could spend most of the time visiting ports.

Also, you might want to consider asking his best friend to come along.

Ditto - Freedom would have more to do for his age group. The friend idea is good too - done it before and it worked well for all.

Thanks for the help! We offered to let him bring a friend but since they all will be leaving for College a few weeks after we come back none wanted to go on a cruise during this hectic time for them. Our Son was just asking what there was to do on Norwegian that would be entertaining for him. He did like the ideal that Dawn goes out of New York since we have never been there but liked the wave rider thing on Freedom.... Ohhh the stress of just choosing a cruise! Thanks for the advice!

Archived