Dolphin Encounter Excursion through Carnival in Freeport

kindercruiser

Hi me and DH done the Dolphin trip about 11yrs ago whilst in Freeport...it was not with Carnival but the old Dolphin ship [Canaveral Cruise Lines].

I have lovely memories of it to this day!:):)

We did not swim with them...just the encounter and that in itself is worth every penny!!

Go for it...you will not regret it.

Jean

I haven't done the swim in Freeport although our ship went there and it was one of the excursions they taped and played on the TV in the room. It looked like alot of fun and wasn't too crouded so you got to spend alot of time with the dolphins. And I'm not sure what ship you are going on but if it also goes to Nassau I would highly reccomend the swim at Blue Lagoon. The boat ride there was great and so was the whole dolphin experience. I've done it in a few places and by far this was my favorite.

There are 12 of us... we all decided to go to Lucaya beach for the day in Freeport, but was reading and 4 of us want to do the encounter with the dolphins. I called Unexso, and they said we Had to book through the ship ( Carnival Sensation ) While carnival pays for the taxi ride into Lucaya and back to the boat, does anyone know if it is possible to not ride with carnival on one of the ways - since we will already be in lucaya. the carnival times are:

8:30 - 12:00

10:00 - 1:30

11:30 - 3:00 - this is the one that we would want to do

TIA:)

I suppose you could find another way but to the ship but I think it would be hard. The dolphin encounter place is kinda off the beaten path on a dead end road so I don't remember seeing any taxi's or anything nearby. You'd have to have it pre arranged for someone to come and get you.

Archived