Going home-Disembark?

Hate to ask this bit about going home as we're not even close to getting there yet, but, we have aprox a min of 6 hours between leaving the ship and needing to leave to get our flight. What do Thompsons lay on during this time?

If nothing what does anyone usually do in this time, Thanks ahead of any replies,

Jay x

Hi Jay,

You don't disembark until time for your airport transfer by coach - usually about 2/3 hours before your flight time. Until that time you have free run of the ship, including restaurants. You can go off the ship if you wish and return at will (there is a supervised store where you can leave hand-luggage - your cases will already have been taken from outside your cabin late on the night before to be waiting for you to claim when you catch the coach to the airport).

Somewhere like Palma for example, you'd have plenty of time to go off into the town for the morning and sometimes Thomson do offer half-day excursions in the morning of change-over days too for passengers with late afternoon flights.

I know what you mean about thinking about going home even before you leave, but it does help to understand what happens as it helps you plan your time to make the most of your holiday. Enjoy :)

Hi Jay,

I am assiming from your prior post that you are cruising on Destiny. If this is the case you can leave your hand luggage in the Oklahoma lounge at the rear of the stage. It is constantly supervised and you are issued a ticket in the same manner as when using a cloak room. As Kruzseeka says its upto you what you then do until it is time for your transfer

Hope this helps, have a good cruise

Chris

Thanks all, I'll be travelling with my family and they have actually been on the Destiny before but it was a med cruise and they flew home late morning unlike this time where I'm told it's a early evening flight. I only found out I'd be doing this cruise a couple off weeks ago so to say I'm excited is a understatement! Just really want to make the most of every moment... Thanks again

Jay

On Emerald we didn't leave until 7:30pm. Left our hand luggage in one of the unused bars, fully supervised (we were issued a 'raffle' ticket to identify our stuff). Did one of their trips AM, came back for lunch and could collect 'sun bed' towels for sunbathing/dip.

They had free cabins available from 4:30pm for passengers to use for up to 25 mins so you could shower and change (stacks of clean towels in them), reception gave us a list of cabin numbers. Scattered all over the boat so found it best to locate one and wait outside until it became free.

Only found out by accident that we could even have dinner, just told waiters at 6:30 that we had to leave by 7:15 and they served us in record time.

I can't fault Thomsons for how they organised our departure day - we were still treated as full guests even though we'd had to check out by 9am.

Archived