Infinity 11/14/04

map cruiser

I am trying to plan an internary for each of the islands...second time on this route...didn't get to Pearl Harbor last time ...Is it better to book a tour with an outside company or do it on our own...revealed book said you can have long waits!! pulled up E Noa Tours that has a Pearl Harbor/Circle Island Combo Tour for $40 for all day....has anyone done this?? we are staying to Sat thought this might be good to get a feel for where we want to go on our own !

Do it on your own. Some of the tours don't actually take you on the Memorial, just take you by it. As I understand it, the ones that do take you on the Memorial have you stand in line with everyone else. BTW, it is free if you do it on your own. Take the bus or rent a car. Just don't bring any bags or large camera cases with you. You will have to leave them outside, and if you take the bus that will be difficult. (This is true as of May when I was last there.) The lines can be long, but it does usually move pretty fast. When my parents were here in July the lines were really long early, just after they dropped me off at work. By around ten the lines had gone way down and they got right on. (They brought books and just sat down outside the BowFin museum next door and drank coffee while they waited.) Enjoy Hawaii!

Archived