New Benefits/Offers Chart

Jeka

The following is a chart I found on a different thread today showing what benefits/offers can and can't be combined effective Jan. 01, 2009. Does anyone know if this is indeed RCCL's new policy? If true, only ONE of the following can be applied per sailing: NC, Balcony Discount, C & A Coupon or Stock Benefit. Here's the link:

http://southern-florida.net/stuff/Benefit_Combination_Chart.pdf

According to emails I & others on these boards have received from RCCL, these changes are indeed what RCCL intends to implement begining 1/1/09...

Not being able to use the platinum or diamond balcony discount with at least 1 OBC, either next cruise or stock OBC stinks!!! They're not even the same thing!! They just keep making more and more of their loyal customers pissed off!

Not being able to use the platinum or diamond balcony discount with at least 1 OBC, either next cruise or stock OBC stinks!!! They're not even the same thing!! They just keep making more and more of their loyal customers pissed off!

Funny thing is today I got a call out of the blue from a RCI vacation planner trying to drum up business. He misunderstood when I said I already had a cruise booked, and proceeded to try to tell me they had some specials running. I let him go through a check (I had checked last night for any changes in pricing), and indeed, there were no discounts from when I booked the cruise over a year ago. This may have just been an enterprising new vacation planner, but he got my name and number somehow (kind of ticks me off, really, as I don't care for unsolicited calls), and knew I was an RCI customer. The company better think twice about ticking off loyal cruisers as it would appear they are in need of customers -- not at all surprising given the economic melt down.

According to emails I & others on these boards have received from RCCL, these changes are indeed what RCCL intends to implement begining 1/1/09...

It is official and yes, it is true. This is posted on the RCCL Investor website under benefits. It pretty much means you get one benefit/discount only

Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit will not be combinable with other Onboard Booking Credits, Loyalty Programs and/or other Reduced Fare Offerings. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to InvestorRelations@rccl.com, and a prompt response will be forthcoming. spacer.gifspacer.gif

Thanks very much for this information.

As best I can tell, any Platinum or Diamond member who plans on booking a balcony cabin need no longer book onboard or hold stock in the company. And I think few C&A coupons would offer much advantage. As others have noted this will loosen the bond with the most loyal customers.

One advantage of P&D status was that the balcony discount could be combined with other offers, not substitute for them. Now, first-time RCCL cruisers booking the least expensive cabin (with a stock benefit) would have the same financial advantage as the most a Platinum-level member booking a balcony could get. That just doesn't seem like a good way to keep your customers coming back and booking the higher-priced inventory.

Thanks very much for this information.

As best I can tell, any Platinum or Diamond member who plans on booking a balcony cabin need no longer book onboard or hold stock in the company. And I think few C&A coupons would offer much advantage. As others have noted this will loosen the bond with the most loyal customers.

One advantage of P&D status was that the balcony discount could be combined with other offers, not substitute for them. Now, first-time RCCL cruisers booking the least expensive cabin (with a stock benefit) would have the same financial advantage as the most a Platinum-level member booking a balcony could get. That just doesn't seem like a good way to keep your customers coming back and booking the higher-priced inventory.

BINGO!!!!!!!!! That is it in a nut shell!

The Loyalty program as we knew it is apparently gone. If enough long term customers continue to book new cruises well in adance with RCL after this point, the more we will see the old programs fade away. There is no REAL incentive for anyone to book out ahead any more. May as well wait until final payment time (or later) and book for the inevitable deals that will be available as the economic situation worsens. You will still receive your Platinum/Diamond balcony discount, unless they decide to do away with those discounts as well.

Archived