Tahitian Hotels

Bob100

We are going on the Tahitian Princess on 10/1/05 and are planning to arrive a couple of days early to adjust for the time change. We are also planning to check into a hotel for the day before a late departure on 10/11/05. I have narrowed the hotel choices to the Intercontinental and Le Meridien (both on Papeete). Does anyone have any experience with either and a recommendation (or any other hotel recs)? do they let you check in earlier on the day you get off the cruise? is it worth it to get the bungalow? thanks in advance!!!

We stayed at the Le Meridien in March (twice - before and after the cruise) and we loved it. It is more like a resort. It has a huge pool and a nice sandy beach. We couldn't fault it.

After the cruise, we stayed on board the Tahitian Princess until we had lunch, about 1pm or so and then caught a taxi to Le Meridien. We were able to go straight to our room.

As far as a bungalow goes, if you want to spend the money go ahead. We were lucky in that we were upgraded to a Junior Suite and that was fine with us. A bungalow would be lovely, but as our dollar is not good against the franc I wouldn't contemplate spending over $1000Aud for a night over the water. Food is very expensive in Tahiti and I would rather put the money towards a good meal. There is a lovely restaurant on the beach at Le Meridien and we had 3 delightful meals there.

If you have any other queries, let me know.

Jennie.

We stayed in an over water bungalow in Le Meridien and loved it. The snorkeling under the cabin and all around it was spectacular. Bay is sheltered and filled with fish and coral. Ours came with a free buffet breakfast which was wonderful. Pool was great and the whole resort was very pretty. They will give you a free 110V converter for your room if you need to use a laptop or whatever. We stayed in an OWB on Moorea at the Sheraton Moorea for a couple of days afterward. Both were very nice. :)

Bob

• 2 months later...

I just booked today. We are going on the Tahitian Princess on June 03, 2005. I am also planning on arriving 2 days earlier. We'd love to stay in an over-water-bungalow for a night. We're going to start shopping around online to compare prices tahiti vs moorea. We're told Moorea will be less expensive but I need to look at the extra travel time since we'll be exhausted coming in from Toronto via Los Angeles. I'll post back in a week with whatever deals I find.

We are going on the Tahitian Princess on 10/1/05 and are planning to arrive a couple of days early to adjust for the time change. We are also planning to check into a hotel for the day before a late departure on 10/11/05. I have narrowed the hotel choices to the Intercontinental and Le Meridien (both on Papeete). Does anyone have any experience with either and a recommendation (or any other hotel recs)? do they let you check in earlier on the day you get off the cruise? is it worth it to get the bungalow? thanks in advance!!!

the Beachcomber on Tahiti is beautiful! you can find good rates on their website http://www.tahiti.intercontinental.com . we booked directly and was very pleased with the rate. travel to Moorea on the ferry is very easy, as is getting to your hotel on LeTruck. we did this pre cruise and had a great time! when you return to Papeete on the ferry, you get off right next to the Tahitian Princess. we stayed at the beachcomber post cruise.

Archived