Just back from the Monarch

Mamanance

The work being done sounds like another day at work for me. I work for a large hospital undergoing renovation(those in cent. fl watch the news monday will know which one;).) So, I would have been use to it.

Just back yesterday from the Monarch. Considering we were upgraded to owners suite 1520, it would be very hard to complain. I haven't been on Sovereign in a few years - last cruised on Enchantment and Jewel- but found Monarch to be fine. That Windjammer is a little small but the food was good. Dining room was great- waitstaff lovely. Herchel (sp?) took wonderful care of our suite and we loved the amenities. First time I was ever chilly in Nassau but the sunshine was warm enough. Capt Karin handled the weather wonderfully and we got to CocoCay on Thursday.

My only complaint- get ready- was that the comedian told several jokes/impressions that were homophobic and racist. He seemed to "take the temperature" of the audience by a few warm-up quips and then went ahead with some jokes that were not PC. I left partway through his show and mentioned it to him afterward.

All in all a wonderful cruise. Clean ship, good crew, friendly staff.

Several things that we recommended to the chief housekeeper.......about the OS's. The first is to add a second curtain.........so that the bed is totally in the dark.............closed off as it should be.

The second is to improve the sound system to conform to all of the other OS's in the fleet.............with DVD and CD players.

The third..........and since we last had the RS on the Monarch.........was that a door bell be installed on the RS and the 3 OS's

There is not too much that can be added to any OS or the RS on the Monarch. She is a great ship!!

Rick

My only complaint- get ready- was that the comedian told several jokes/impressions that were homophobic and racist. He seemed to "take the temperature" of the audience by a few warm-up quips and then went ahead with some jokes that were not PC. I left partway through his show and mentioned it to him afterward.

All in all a wonderful cruise. Clean ship, good crew, friendly staff.

Jokes that were not PC! Hahahahahahahahaha! What did you expect? Henny Youngman? :eek: You obviously have not been to too many live comedy shows in the last 20 years or so!;) Just curious though, when you mentioned it to him afterward, what was his response?

Jokes that were not PC! Hahahahahahahahaha! What did you expect? Henny Youngman? :eek: You obviously have not been to too many live comedy shows in the last 20 years or so!;) Just curious though, when you mentioned it to him afterward, what was his response?

I'm trying to think if I have ever heard a comedian that didn't have at least ONE joke that wasn't PC, especially the ones I've heard on a cruise ship.

Archived