Ruby Princess Maiden Voyage Review and Pictures

CL-JW

[quote name='fathercop']CRAIG & JACK:

Great review. I would agree with your comments very much so. Like you, I did not like the new Patter format. It seemed somewhat stark and devoid of information, other then the times of various activites.

I do regret not having the lunch in the Wheelhouse. Several of the crew highly recommended I eat there.

What I can add is that Antonio, the Head Waiter in the DaVinci dining room in our section, was absolutely marvelous. He brought some wonderful treats to our table of ten almost every night and took the time to make sure we were enjoying dinner. Claudia, our waiter, and Allan, her assistant, were so incredibly nice, helpful and hard working. The two of them made dinner especially delightful. Those of you eating in the DaVinci dining room will enjoy their very personal service if you have them waiting on you.

Regarding the pictures, I left some comments on our Roll Call thread. Very nice! Thanks!

Rich[/QUOTE]
Did you do alternative dining ??
I am curious since we did traditional late seating as we always do and think we need a change
Would you recommend this route ??
We will be on the repo sailing of Celebrity solstice 4/19/09 and think we may opt for this since it is offered
Although since it is a 16 day cruise we may reconsider and do the traditional as always
any insight into this dilemma would be greatly appreciated
Can you imagine the way the world is and I am worrying about seating for dining venues !!!!!
Pema

[quote name='Daniel1313']Did they offer you the option to check your luggage the night before the cruise and they take it to the airport and you don't see it until you get to your home airport???

Thanks
Dan[/QUOTE]
We wanted this option since it was listed as being offered for the first time on the Ruby
Well it was not available since the program was not up and running for our cruise
i hope it works for you
again Inaugural is the problem

Hey Jack & Craig!
JT here....we yaked a few times during the Ruby Cruise....was in bungalow 12
Anywho....your pictures from the cruise are great! It was a good trip and the pics are good memories. Overall I liked the ship; good food and met some great people (of which you are such). Think some of the crew need a few more English lessons but otherwise it was good!
Hope you post more pictures......if I get real skilled will try to post a few I took....some decent shots. Did you get to see any shows and if so which ones?
Peace
JT
4x on Princess Lines

You did not mention about any of the broadway shows, entertainers, comedians.
What is playing on MUTS?

Is the Horizon Buffett still a crowded madhouse at breakfast with no places to sit down until the food is cold? Have they improved that?

What do you mean by offering a cold wash cloth after a day in port?

[quote name='singwithjoy']You did not mention about any of the broadway shows, entertainers, comedians.
What is playing on MUTS?

Is the Horizon Buffett still a crowded madhouse at breakfast with no places to sit down until the food is cold? Have they improved that?

What do you mean by offering a cold wash cloth after a day in port?[/quote]

Only show we saw was the Abba tribute act and it was good. Only one of the two new production shows debuted, but we did not have a chance to see it. Ray Coussins in Adaigo's was also good as was Daniel Oliver in Crooners.

Only ate breakfast twice in the buffet and did not find it crowded. We usually got a coffee and pastry in the International cafe or had room service.

The cold wash clothes where handed out when you returned to the ship after the day in port. This is a new feature on the Ruby and it should be rolled out on other ships in the comming months. It was nice after a hot day in port.

[quote name='Flahighseas']Hey Jack & Craig!
JT here....we yaked a few times during the Ruby Cruise....was in bungalow 12
Anywho....your pictures from the cruise are great! It was a good trip and the pics are good memories. Overall I liked the ship; good food and met some great people (of which you are such). Think some of the crew need a few more English lessons but otherwise it was good!
Hope you post more pictures......if I get real skilled will try to post a few I took....some decent shots. Did you get to see any shows and if so which ones?
Peace
JT
4x on Princess Lines[/quote]

[B]Hey JT! Was great yakking with you on the cruise!![/B]

[B]The only show we made it to was the Abba one, which we enjoyed (one of the back-up singers was from the town next to ours:))[/B]

[quote name='pema']Did you do alternative dining ??
I am curious since we did traditional late seating as we always do and think we need a change
Would you recommend this route ??
We will be on the repo sailing of Celebrity solstice 4/19/09 and think we may opt for this since it is offered
Although since it is a 16 day cruise we may reconsider and do the traditional as always
any insight into this dilemma would be greatly appreciated
Can you imagine the way the world is and I am worrying about seating for dining venues !!!!!
Pema[/quote]

We had traditional, late seating. Anytime was offered in Michelangelo and DaVinci and we didn't hear about any issues with it, but cannot report first hand.

I know RCI offers My Time dining now on most, if not all, of their fleet, but I think you are right that Celebrity doesn't yet.

The Solstice was docked right in front of us in FLL - pretty cool to see!

[SIZE=3]Hi everyone,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We have posted all of the Patters from the maiden voyage, along with the Scholarship at Sea information.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[URL="http://travel.webshots.com/album/568773839tSpiLm"][SIZE=3]Princess Patters[/SIZE][/URL]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Hope these are helpful.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[B][COLOR=teal][FONT=Comic Sans MS]We too were on this cruise and had a wonderful time.( Hi Jack & Craig) To answer someone’s question from an earlier post, we did notice that they had a small section for smoking in Explores also on the port side. I also was lucky enough to have a friend invite me for the 2 cruise to nowhere for the Christening ceremony (thanks Lauren). I thought they did a wonderful job with it. The ship was decorated nicely with red bunting and red rose all over the Neptune pool area. I will try and down load pics this weekend. Over all I thought they did a nice job on the maiden voyage. Some small issues, but to be expected. Nothing every goes 100% right 100% of the time. I found everyone to be friendly and loved some of the changes to the menu also. As mentioned before, the pub lunch was great! It was very nice to see the captain through out the ship. Some one on our roll call has nick named him Mr. McCharming. It fits![/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=teal][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=teal][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Amelia[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[FONT=Century Schoolbook][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='F5Loar']These are great but I had trouble reading them as the print was so small even after going to original size. Can you make them bigger or full page turned sideways?[/quote]

[B]These were as big as I could get them. When you open one, next to the picture, under the "X of 16", there is a link that says Full Size. When I click that, they expand pretty large. Give that a shot:).[/B]

[quote name='cruisingpeople'][B][COLOR=teal][FONT=Comic Sans MS]We too were on this cruise and had a wonderful time.( Hi Jack & Craig) To answer someone’s question from an earlier post, we did notice that they had a small section for smoking in Explores also on the port side. I also was lucky enough to have a friend invite me for the 2 cruise to nowhere for the Christening ceremony (thanks Lauren). I thought they did a wonderful job with it. The ship was decorated nicely with red bunting and red rose all over the Neptune pool area. I will try and down load pics this weekend. Over all I thought they did a nice job on the maiden voyage. Some small issues, but to be expected. Nothing every goes 100% right 100% of the time. I found everyone to be friendly and loved some of the changes to the menu also. As mentioned before, the pub lunch was great! It was very nice to see the captain through out the ship. Some one on our roll call has nick named him Mr. McCharming. It fits![/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=teal][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Amelia[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[/quote]

[B]Hi Amelia (and Joe!) Can't wait to see your pics of the naming ceremony![/B]

[quote name='Want2Cruise']Does the ship have a heated indoor covered pool?[/quote]

No, what was an indoor pool on the earlier Grand Class ships (Calypso) is now open air with Movies Under the Stars. Not sure if the pools are heated or not - they seemed somewhat cool the first few days and warmed up during the course of the cruise.

I just looked at the new Patters. I was able to enlarge them as you suggested. It looks to me that they have just rearranged them a little and added some new things like the puzzle, pictures, barometer to mention a few. Seeing them in person, what didn't you like about them?

[quote name='jfgdbg']I just looked at the new Patters. I was able to enlarge them as you suggested. It looks to me that they have just rearranged them a little and added some new things like the puzzle, pictures, barometer to mention a few. Seeing them in person, what didn't you like about them?[/quote]

They didn't have some of the other info in them such as the drink specials, etc. I'd have to look at an older one compare for sure, but something about them just seemed off. JMO though.:)

Archived