Is there a "meet and greet" for teens on RCCL?

Anguillafan

We're sailing on our third cruise in February. The first cruise the kids were 8 and 5 and loved Adventure Ocean. The second cruise they were 14 and 11 and it didn't work so well. The activities for the 11 year old were too young, and the 14 year old activities were so unstructured that she never met anyone, and wouldn't go to go the the teen dance club alone. They still had a great time on board and loved cruising, though. This time they'll be 12 and 15. They can at least go to the teen dance club together, but a meet and greet would help them both. We definitely didn't see it last time. Does RCCL do one for the teens/tweens? I can't figure out if we missed it, or if it's a Carnival cruise thing.

Yes, there is a meet and greet for the teens the first night. My DS has sailed with us on the Mariner twice, at 16 and 17. He said, initially, the two groups meet at the same time but then the two age groups split, one went to the Living Room and one stayed in Fuel.

There are two seperate cruise compasses for the teen groups, 12-14 and 15-17. They have very similar activities but scheduled at different times. The late night dances are when they are very strict with ages. The younger teens get Fuel early and the older kids get it from around 11 til 1am. The teen staff will mark your kid's seapasses to show which group they belong in. They will not allow the younger kids in Fuel during the late night dance.

I am not sure what ship you are sailing on but if you have any other questions, just ask.

Also, here is a link to Cruisinmama06's collection of kids cruise compasses, lots of good information.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/

Thanks so much. My DD and I remembered last night that on the first day of our most recent criuse, Explorer of the Seas, August 2007, that they didn't have a cruise compass available for her age group on the first day. That's why we didn't know about the meet and greet. All they had available in her age group was from the last day of the prior cuise. I suspect there is some variability in the quality of the Adventure Ocean crew. Even looking at the link you provided (which was really helpful) shows that some boats have great activities for tweens/teens each day, and others are more like our last cruise, which was not so great.

We're on Adventure of the Seas during President's week. I imagine there'll be a lot of kids on board. Thanks again for your reply.

Archived