How many Butlers?

coondogg97

When we were on the Pearl in an AE, our butler Karen told us he had twelve suites, all on the port side. Those were the AE, AD and A1's on decks 8. 9 and 10. There was another butler who had similar suites on the starboard side. I believe there was one butler for the ten suites on deck 11, and I don't know the number covering the courtyard, but have seen it posted there are 3 covering the 12 suites there.

Al

There are 3 butlers covering the courtyard villas - one port, one starboard and one who handles the courtyard area itself.

It's been our experience that no matter how many suites they cover, we've never had a problem contacting our butlers and never received less than great service. The NCL butlers are (IMO) great at what they do and you never feel "rushed" with them, regardless of how many suites they have.

It's been our experience that no matter how many suites they cover, we've never had a problem contacting our butlers and never received less than great service. The NCL butlers are (IMO) great at what they do and you never feel "rushed" with them, regardless of how many suites they have.

We couldn't agree more. Karen, our NCL butler made Paul our Celebrity butler look like a trainee. On Celebrity, I asked for a piece of wire, to hang some X-Mass decorations. He said, "You'll have to call a carpenter". On NCL, that wouldn't have happened, rather, Karen would have offered to hang them.

Al

Just out of curiosity does anyone know how many butlers support each category? For example is there 1 buttler for all the AC/AD/AE suites and another one for AB/AA? I believe there are always 2 to support the courtyard.

It has been several years ago..like 2006, but we had an AC or an AD aft on the Sun and we had two butlers, but I have to admit, we never saw the second butler until it was time to give tips.

Archived