Internet in Papeete etc...

Mexfolkart

The closest Internet Cafe to where the ship docks is at the welcome center of the Visitor Bureau (right through all the vendors set up on shore).

If you haven't gotten a copy of Jan Prince's Tahiti, go to your local book store and check it out. Take a copy of your itinerary so you know where you will be docking and just find the one closest to you. At the back of each island section, under practical information, there is a list of all the internet cafes - seven in Moorea, three in Huahine, two on Raiatea, etc., along iwth their address, hours and how much they charge. There's even one on Rangiroa (Tiputa) right by the dock. The ship, of course, also has an Internet Cafe as do most of the large hotels.

Have a great cruise!

According to Jan Prince, it's 300 CFP for 15 min, 550 CFP for 30 and 1.000 CFP for an hour. The prices are about the same plus of minus a few CFP.They have two computers and I never saw more than one being used.

We got free minutes on the ship and used our lap top instead of the Visitors Center(they issued us a credit for the minutes we purchased, but I'm not sure if it was because we're Platinum members or were in an OS).

According to Jan Prince, it's 300 CFP for 15 min, 550 CFP for 30 and 1.000 CFP for an hour. The prices are about the same plus of minus a few CFP.They have two computers and I never saw more than one being used.

We got free minutes on the ship and used our lap top instead of the Visitors Center(they issued us a credit for the minutes we purchased, but I'm not sure if it was because we're Platinum members or were in an OS).

The internet is free if you're in an OS--Elite or Platinum gets some free--don't remember $100 worth I think--you purchase the minutes on the computer at the internet cafe and then they take it off your statement--I think when we've had the OS on the TA--we also buy and then they give all back--at any rate--FREE in OS--probably free in any full suite

Nancy:D

See, that's the confusing part as we also get free minutes (75 or 100, I'm not sure) because of our Platinum level. At any rate, the wireless service works much better(i.e. faster) than it used to and is much faster than the Internet Cafe. The best spot for it seems to be the lobby.

Lots of places in Papeete if you prefer to do your 'screen' time on land though.

Archived