QE2 whistle download

cunardqueen

:) Lurking the Net yesterday for other things, I found a site I can now not find again ... something about a QE2 entry into port (perhaps Liverpool?) and blowing the whistle 40 seconds, one for every year of service.

Leaving New York City on the last transatlantic westbound 16 October, after meeting up/w QM2 and the whistle exchange, Captain McNaught did seem to lay on the whistle! There wasn't a dry eye on the bridge! I sat at his table, later teased him about it. (He said the paid off pennant we flew was 40 feet long, one foot for every year of service, was one of six, and the last and sixth, in Dubai, would be cut up and given out to staff.) I didn't know then to ask about the whistle length.

But now, after having read that cannot-now-find site ... I was there: We Left New York Harbor And The Whistle Blew 40 Seconds, One For Every Year Of Service! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :)

:) Lurking the Net yesterday for other things, I found a site I can now not find again ... something about a QE2 entry into port (perhaps Liverpool?) and blowing the whistle 40 seconds, one for every year of service.

Leaving New York City on the last transatlantic westbound 16 October, after meeting up/w QM2 and the whistle exchange, Captain McNaught did seem to lay on the whistle! There wasn't a dry eye on the bridge! I sat at his table, later teased him about it. (He said the paid off pennant we flew was 40 feet long, one foot for every year of service, was one of six, and the last and sixth, in Dubai, would be cut up and given out to staff.) I didn't know then to ask about the whistle length.

But now, after having read that cannot-now-find site ... I was there: We Left New York Harbor And The Whistle Blew 40 Seconds, One For Every Year Of Service! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :)

Ab! You should have been on the Eastbound when the two ships closed to within one third of a mile of each other as we approached NY.

That was a whistle exchange and a half which amused us all and at the same time made us all cry. I kept my camcorder running forever because l just knew it was going to happen.

Simply Wonderful.

Jackie :)

Archived