Shuttle to use in Miami?

southernmomga

We are travelling on the Triumph out of Miami this Sunday. Can anyone recommend a shuttle/transfer company to use on the Sunday of our return to get from the port to the Miami airport? Our flight is at 11, so it's going to be an early morning. I need a company that can supply carseats for our two kids, age five and three. We are flying into Fort Lauderdale and the company we are using to get to the port of Miami does not orginate any trips form Miami.Any recommendations are appreciated, thanks!

Unless you are traveling alone you will find a taxi to be your best option. Cabs will be plentiful when you exit the terminal. The fare is around $25 for the journey and includes all passengers.

Taxis in Miami offer car seats? I wasnt aware of that.

To the OP

Ask the company you are dealing with on the front end of you trip to recommend a company for you to use. Since they dont offer the service, they surely know someone that does.

Hmmmm...My friends just used them last Friday from the Imagination to FLL airport. She said that was why the price was less on the return because he always has full shuttles, but had to charge them more for the airport pick-up due to their arrival time.............

Thanks everyone. We are using SAS to get from FLL to Miami, but they don't originate in Miami. And yes they have car seats. I'll call Larry's Limos today to ask about carseats, and I'll ask SAS for recommendations as well.

SAS goes from Miami Port to FLL

We are travelling on the Triumph out of Miami this Sunday. Can anyone recommend a shuttle/transfer company to use on the Sunday of our return to get from the port to the Miami airport? Our flight is at 11, so it's going to be an early morning. I need a company that can supply carseats for our two kids, age five and three. We are flying into Fort Lauderdale and the company we are using to get to the port of Miami does not orginate any trips form Miami.Any recommendations are appreciated, thanks!

We were on the Triumph a couple of weeks ago -- it was great. I have 2 kids ages 4 & 8 and understand your concern about the car seats -- however, I was not able to find anyone who would provide us with car seats for the kids (either this trip or our last trip last year). I am one of those people that never lets my kids travel without a car seat (even my 8 yr old who no longer legally needs one) but felt that I had no choice to get to and from the pier.

We did use Miami Sunshine to get from the port to the airport. The phone # is: 305-338-2543. They were $10 per person (they accept credit cards - but make sure you let them know when you call if you want to use one) and you just call them when you clear customs. Then the dispatch person will find you outside the terminal and bring you to a van. While this is more expensive than a cab for 4 people (we were 5 people and needed a van), you may not be able to get into a cab without car seats with your 3 year old, but you can go in a van without car seats.

Our last trip was 2 weeks after my son's 4th birthday. When we tried to get a cab from the airport to the pier, we were told that my son was too young to be in the cab w/o a car seat. The dispatch person told us that to go in a cab w/o a carseat a child must be at least 4 years old (this is different than Florida car seat law, but it is what we were told) When the dispatch person at the airport found out he was 4 yrs old (I showed his passport) they let him in the cab w/o a car seat.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip!!

Archived