1st time cruiser, and TONS of ????

patosea

We are sailing on the Carnival Pride, Jan 18, 2009. I have a lot of questions about the Ports of Call - we are first time cruisers. My DH and I are in our 50's, son and DIL are in their 30's, youngest son is 24. I have booked Randi's Happy Horses for son & DIL. Youngest son is doing the ship excursion - parasailing in Cabo. I can't walk far distances due to a shattered foot - so I am looking for something for my husband, youngest son and I to do while others are at Randi's Happy Horses. Would love some suggestions. Also, does anyone know if we can go watch youngest while he does the parasailing in Cabo?? We are also looking for someplace to go where they can rent jet skis - perhaps in P.V.? What are some things that I should not miss in the ports (keeping in mind that I can't do anything physically taxing). Would love to do some shopping too. We are not big drinkers, so sitting at a bar doesn't appeal to us. Also - if we go to a beach at one of the ports, should we take our towels from the ship? I am a "ligistics-type of person - so I really like to plan ahead LOL. I have been looking at all the posts on this board - and just love how everyone is so helpful!

We are sailing on the Carnival Pride, Jan 18, 2009. I have a lot of questions about the Ports of Call - we are first time cruisers. My DH and I are in our 50's, son and DIL are in their 30's, youngest son is 24. I have booked Randi's Happy Horses for son & DIL. Youngest son is doing the ship excursion - parasailing in Cabo. I can't walk far distances due to a shattered foot - so I am looking for something for my husband, youngest son and I to do while others are at Randi's Happy Horses. Would love some suggestions. Also, does anyone know if we can go watch youngest while he does the parasailing in Cabo?? We are also looking for someplace to go where they can rent jet skis - perhaps in P.V.? What are some things that I should not miss in the ports (keeping in mind that I can't do anything physically taxing). Would love to do some shopping too. We are not big drinkers, so sitting at a bar doesn't appeal to us. Also - if we go to a beach at one of the ports, should we take our towels from the ship? I am a "ligistics-type of person - so I really like to plan ahead LOL. I have been looking at all the posts on this board - and just love how everyone is so helpful!

If you can, I would recommend a whale watching trip while in Cabo. It will be very good in January. You can book independently and save a lot of money. The Pez Gato catamaran is our favorite. They have a website. Shopping in Cabo - there is a big Mercado right near the tender pier. While the prices will be a little higher, it will save you the hassle of a lot of walking. Medano Beach (Cabo's main beach) will have Jet Ski's, Parasailing, Glass Bottom Boats, etc. You could just as easily set up the parasailing there. There is a booth in front of the ME hotel on the beach. Believe it's called Caboticket. There is a guy there called Traun (Aussie) who is just outstanding. Another option for Cabo is a place called Soloman's Landing. It's a restaurent along the marina walk. Probably 10-15 min walk from the tender pier. Great palce to relax, have some lunch or a snack and just people watch. It's a little past the dolphin encounter. If I remember correctly, it has a thatched roof.

Have you given any thought to maybe borrowing (or renting if necessary) a wheel chair for when you get tired. Might be a big help.

Ship will give you towels, just don't loose them.

I can help you until Sunday afternoon, then we leave for our own adventure. Sailing RCCL's Brilliance Of The Seas (Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Turkey - 12 days).

Archived