Carnival Destiny Aft Cabin???

RangerJoe

I am currently booked in cabin 6379, which is an aft cabin on the Upper Deck (category 8A). This is my first cruise and I have no idea of which locations are desireable and which I should avoid. I thought maybe the balconies at the rear of the ship would have great views, but there may be other drawbacks that outweigh the benefit of the view. I had tought about maybe upgrading to a higher deck, but wanted to check here first. Does anyone have any suggestions??? Thanks!!

nah- stay where you are. The upper deck is closest to the water so not only can you see the water rushing behind you- you can hear it. ALso when you look down into the water- while standing at your balcony youwill see water....Not into someone elses balcony.

The balconies on the aft sit stepped so the people above can view down.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/93847874/93853128svWgyq

the balconies on the aft are bigger then the sides so you are getting more for your money. It is a longer walk to the elevators but the hallway back there is quiet as people tend NOT to go where they dont have to. These cabins are hard to come by- if you go tone--you are sure lucky. They go fast.

We were on the upper deck on The Victory and I stressed about being on top of that lounge. Not a problem and I worried for nothing as we heard not a peep. Some people want to know which side is the best side for viewing- you have the best side as you can see BOTH sides.

SOme people say you can feel the motion more back there. Aft is the only way I sail and never felt more motion back there. We didnt have a soot problem either. Just dont hang your white bathing suit out at night to dry and you wont have the soot problem either.

Archived