Star vs. Caribbean Princess April 2005

rts

I am interested in cruise to Eastern Caribbean April 2005 with my wife and two children on either Star Princess or Caribbean Princess. Just checking to see if anyone has sailed on both of these ships, (or the Grand or Golden if not the Star). We have been on both Grand and Golden and enjoyed both. Just wondering in CP is too big with an extra 500? passengers. Any input would be appreciated. Also Star goes to Tortola when we have never been. Any input on Tortola would be appreciated also.

Thanks, Rick

I have sailed both the Star and the golden!! Both were awesome cruises!! There have been many great reviews on the Caribbean also. If you are looking for something different, the Caribbean has the movies under the stars, that the other two do not have!! I have not been to Tortola, but I found this link that may help...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

I have rebooked the Star for next year, and I just got off her last Sunday!!! :)

I don't think the extra passengers on CP are a problem. I think you need to decide between the two itineraries and if you really want to experience "movies under the stars" or not.

I think I'd pick Star, not just because I got married on her ;) , but because I'd like to try Tortola and I think loud stuff playing on the big Movies screen ALL day would be annoying.

Whatever your choose, choose it quick! Stuff is SOO selling fast for that whole Spring Break timeperiod!

Cheers!

I agree with Suzy.. I am beginning to think the the CP is the Princess equivalent of a Carnival party cruise ship. The Star seems to be a better fit with my choice of cruising and no MUTS...

Just got off the CC and I have to disagree..we have been on several Carnival cruises with the two girls, and several Princess cruises..the CC is not a party cruise ship..as per se the Carnival rep ..but there is alot to do and alot of peple enjoying their cruise by dancing, singing and laughter..no drunks..no routiness at all..the CC has the one pool with the big screen and it is loud..all the kids hang out there (all the kids on a Princess ship is not that many)..but if you go forward to the next pool you will never hear a thing..

anyone contemplating a CC cruise will love it..it is the most beautiful ship we have been on..and you don't even notice the extra passengers..I would say stay away from the Caribe and Dolphin balcony's as they have no roof or privacy..that's the only complaint I heard from anyone the entire cruise..

life is a beach~

Archived