Celebration

goofycat

Hi, My husband and I are booked on the Celebration leaving out of Jacksonville. It is a 5 day to Key West and Nassau. Has anyone else been on this ship? Does it have a deli like some of the other ships? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

went on the Celebration out of Jacksonville on 10/23.

Quick recaps - Not a real large embarkation area. We got there about noon and had to wait about 45 minutes, later arrivals spent more than that.

One thing that was interesting. I saw people just carrying alcohol on board. ONe gentleman just in front of me put one of those 5 liter (or whatever) boxes of wine thru the x-ray machine. No worries.

Deli area. Did not see one that was always open. A couple of days, they had the setup in the open dining area. We ate in the dining room each night for dinner, so don't know about that time.

Ice Cream and Pizza always available, no problem.

Don't miss the poolside party when you leave Nassau. Was very fun.

What other questions can I answer?

kd: Our teen stayed busy with a few others in her age group. Due to the time of year we sailed only a few teens on board.

Since we are from Jax we did not use air transport but I heard from others they had no trouble making connections. The dock is only a 15 to 20 min cab ride from airport. FYI If you have an early flight out on the day you return you can disembark first, listen for the early call to meet with customs first.

....My cruise probably had no more than 15 teenagers on it. They seemed to be having a good time. Nadine, the teen director, was very nice, and there was a lot planned for them. Perhaps more than for the adults.

As for airport to dock, there are plenty of cabs in Jacksonville, and with the Super Bowl coming in Feb, they are on their best behavior, and not being lazy.

As you go from airport to dock, pay attention off to the right side of the taxi...When you start seeing the cooling towers off to the left, you can look off to the right and see the ship. That is probably the peak of the excitement level.

THANKS ALL for the replies and info . . . I hope that since we'll be going the first of June that there will be more "young" teens aboard for her!!!!:eek:

I'm getting more excited every day:D . . . I've wanted to go on a cruise for such a LONG TIME . . . I can't believe I'm finally getting to go!!!!!!:D

Kim!!

We will also be taking our first cruise (5 nights Bahamas/Key West) on the Celebration on January 15 and was wondering if anyone had any insights to the Camp Carnival activites available to 6-8 year olds. We are really looking forward to this trip but with 2 full days at sea, we are concerned the kids will not have enough to do and Mom and Dad would like some quiet time alone to enjoys some of the ship's activities.

Also, what is the status of shore excursions in Nassau after this summer's onslaught of hurricanes? Which beached were the least affected?

..but seemed to end a little early. The karaoke bar was jumping. Make sure you ask the hostess to sing. She has an unbelievable voice.

It appeared that the kids would have plenty to do, but cant speak to that.

As for Nassau, we saw little or no damage. Our cab driver said that except for a lot of rain, they really avoided the direct hits.

If you have children with you go ahead and attend the camp carnival sign up and information session the first night. Even if they never attend they will be signed up should they see the group doing something they might like to do they can join in. Our children are somewhat older than yours but they found plenty to do with the camp carnival group. We signed them up the first night and our son didn't join in until the 3rd day, he was not feeling too sporty at first, once he meet a few children his age he never slowed down. The good thing about Celebration was it was easy enough to checkup anytime you like. They give you a schedule of events for each day with a time to meet, and where the activity will be taking place. We gave him a soda card and didn't put either of them on our S&S account and they were set.

Since school is out in NE Florida the last week of May there should be more children on board when you sail.

Thanks Victrola!!

My daughter is now considering taking a friend with her that's a little more outgoing than she is so . . . along with the info I'm getting from these discussion boards I sure feel better!!

Now my problem is . . . fitting 2 adults (DH and myself) and 2 13/14 year olds in one oceanview!! Guess I need to cross my fingers AND toes that I end up getting a BIG UPGRADE!!!!!!!;)

Kim

Our room steward pushed the 2 doubles togeather and then against the window bulkhead. We used the pull down bunk for one and the other on a rollaway didn't seem to take up too much room. Only in room long enough to sleep anyway.

I feel for your DH on a cruise with the gals he will never get into the bathroom LOL

You folks will have a great time.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Our room steward pushed the 2 doubles togeather and then against the window bulkhead. We used the pull down bunk for one and the other on a rollaway didn't seem to take up too much room. Only in room long enough to sleep anyway.

I feel for your DH on a cruise with the gals he will never get into the bathroom LOL

You folks will have a great time.

:)

Poor DH is kinda used to it by now as he's lived with his mother and 2 sisters . . . then spouse (now ex!!) and 3 daughters and now ME and our daughter and . . . ofcourse all the daughters girlfriends that LIVE at my house the majority of the time!!

He'll feel like he's at HOME!!!! :D

Kim

Archived