Ruby Princess Review Nov 22-29

sherman931

We leave Saturday and have our 1st balcony and 1st princess cruise.Have never foung room service coffe I could not drink but am so looking forward to my morning coffee in my jammies on the balcony. I do not want to have to dress and go to 5 but if you take a room service pot to them with your coffee card will they fill up the carafe? I cannot believe I am thinking of getting a small pot to take with us for fresh brewed in the cabin but it really is one of our highlights we are looking forward too. So tell me what you all think. Thankyou

Don't think they'd do the pot, but I'm sure they'd fill two mugs.

For the formal night I know you say the dress code is not followed very well... but are there at least some people who still go with tuxes and gowns? It'll be our first cruise and have two gowns that I'd love to bring but am nervous I would feel too dressed up now. We will also be on the ship for New Year's Eve... perhaps they'll at least try to dress up then?

Either way, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Ruby!!

-Christen

For the formal night I know you say the dress code is not followed very well... but are there at least some people who still go with tuxes and gowns? It'll be our first cruise and have two gowns that I'd love to bring but am nervous I would feel too dressed up now. We will also be on the ship for New Year's Eve... perhaps they'll at least try to dress up then?

-Christen

There absolutely will be tuxes and gowns and perhaps more so on New Years Eve.

-Christen

I wouldn't let it keep you from dressing up since most people do go all out & you'll be with the majority.

There will be a few folks, like my self, that don't care to fully comply to their suggestions but that's no reason that you shouldn't enjoy what makes you comfortable.

-Christen

There were plenty people dressed for formal on the Ruby.

DH took his tux and wore it 1 of the 4 formals we had, I wore my usual black dresses:eek: He did were his suite on the other formal nights.

You will not feel over dressed.

Thanks everyone! I was really hoping to wear these dresses...I mean really, when would I be able to wear them otherwise? Not like I'm ever invited to any black tie or red carpet events (although, if anyone knows of one, I'll have some pretty dresses :D ).

-Christen

Sorry my comments caused you concern. Those who do not dress up and head to the DR are a very, very small number. Plenty of people dress to the max and are certainly not the minority. Most who do not choose to dress up generally head for the buffet or other venue where formal dress isn't required. As always, it is only a few who do not respect the guidelines and think only of themselves and not their fellow passengers

Hi Bob,

Thanks for a wonderful review! I will be sailing the Ruby with about 10 family members in just shy of 6 weeks and with this being a new ship I have been waiting with bated breath for any information about it.

My question is how much are the parking charges per day? We are actually thinking of just taking the Tri-Rail down from Lake Worth and hopping a cab from the airport to the port with the total cost being about $20.00 for two of us combined each way......travel time would be about the same just a bit more schlepping of luggage... any thoughts?

Thanks again, Nancy

Archived