New Queen Elizabeth

bepsf

Here's how they're adding 34 cabins to the stern of Arcadia by inserting the new cabin block and retaining the existing suites:

http://www.jamescusick.co.uk/

K.

It appears that P&O are making the same error to the stern of Arcadia that HAL did with its first 3 Vistas: By not adding 4 more staterooms to Deck 5 aft (2 outsides and 2 insides) and not extending the deck out properly, they're ending up w/ a massive overhang on Deck 5, and a misshapen stern profile...

...so it could very well be that the 39 additional staterooms of the Elizabeth will be at the stern a-la Noordam

walk5.jpg

(Lets just hope that the bean-counters in Miami don't insist on ruining QV's stern w/ the addition of staterooms to her beautifully raked stern)

1210795774.jpg

(Lets just hope that the bean-counters in Miami don't insist on ruining QV's stern w/ the addition of staterooms to her beautifully raked stern)

I wouldn't go go so far as to say "beautiful". :eek: This is beautiful. :D

407753412_PGHL6-M.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I will say, though, that QV has the nicest Vista Class stern....but still is is a far cry from a liner.

Ken

Will the new Queen Elizabeth, be more like the Costa Luminosa instead of the Eurodam? The Luminosa is 92,600 tons at 964 feet long, but doesn't have the top heavy additions of the restaurants and added cabin deck. Unfortunately it still has the pencil like bow of the Queen Victoria and Eurodam and the stern of the Eurodam.

http://blogdecruceros.blogspot.com/2008/06/costa-luminosa-la-vanguardia-de-los.html

costa_luminosa.jpg.85aa85b745cb696cc4f8d4d886751645.jpg

Will the new Queen Elizabeth, be more like the Costa Luminosa instead of the Eurodam?

No. Neither. Cunard have said she will be a sister ship to the Queen Victoria....which part of 'sister to Queen Victoria' is hard to understand?

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

If she's somewhat like Luminosa - that wouldn't be a completely bad thing...

...I really like the double-decked enclosed Lido Pool area and the centrally-aligned Main Dining Room - They could certainly bring those elements over.

Archived