3 day vs. 4 day length debate

MrsPhoenix

3 days would be extremely short...usually the fourth day will provide an extra port and from time to time you may find 4 days that are cheaper than 3 days because the 4 day trips are during the weekdays...harder for the lines to fill the ship so better deals.

We did our first 3 night cruise this past October on the Wonder. Previous to this we had only done 5 nights or more. To me 3 nights is not long enough. I didn't like to unpack and then repack again 2 nights later. If I lived in Florida it would probably not seem so bad to me, but by the time I fly down, get on the ship, have dinner, I am exhausted. No time for relaxation on day 1. That leaves me one day to relax, before we pack back up the next day before dinner. So IMHO I would go with the 4 night, or even 7 if that would fit in your budget.

If you can move your cruise up to this winter, you don't have to choose. We just took advantage of Disney's sale and bought a four night winter cruise and will get a three night cruise in the fall for $99/pp :). I'm seeing an ad for it right now.

I say go for the 4 night--our first cruise was for 3 nights and it definately wasn't long enough----yes, we felt "cheated"!! We only booked 3 nights since it was the first cruise and we didn't know if we would even like it, but once we were on the ship, we regretted not booking a longer cruise.

I have to agree. A three night just is not long enough, but of course btter than none at all. After our last 3 night, DH said never again. It's just a tease. But we are going to take a week at Disney, followed by a 3 night cruise.

That day at sea is so relaxing. Fly in to Orlando on Saturday, and relax. Stay at the airport Hyatt, enjoy their pool, and get yourself ready for an Adventure! Been there, done it, a couple of times. It's easy and seamless with the Disney transfer packege. No hoops to jump through, just a Wonderful vacation to enjoy! Metrowon

I'm pretty sure the 3 day is 1 day shorter than the 4 day, but I could be wrong.

LOL at this quote...but i am with you DrD...LOL...it is just as the four day....it seems pretty quick b/c most people fly down the same day they are cruising out....We did out first 3 day cruise this past September and though it was our first time we didnt think it was quick...we were too overwhelmed...So this time we are going 2/12-2/15 (Valentine...Yipeeeee) followed by 4days/3nights at Westgate doing a WDW park....we fly down the day before so that is plenty of rest to get before we port out....we can really enjoy day 1, 2, or 3.

The four of us just finished a 4 night even that was to short. It definately left us wanting more. Disney management is probably pretty sore at us because of the 4 sets of claw marks we left on the deck as they were trying to drag us off the ship at the end. Can't get over how much of a fantastic time we had.:D

Archived