Tequila beach?

memphislonghorn

$25.00 interesting...on the website it says 35.00!!!

Yes and for lunch, not just snack, its $55...I dont understand the difference in prices...I'm a little leery about getting "a piece of paper" from someone standing by the pier. Anyone been there this month yet? Going in February-Deciding between Maya Palms and Tequilla Beach..Thanks:)

We were just at the Tequila Beach Club on Jan 7th. The solicitor at the port talked us into going by dropping his price to 25 bux and that included booze, snacks, chairs, kayak's...etc Once we got there there were three prices you could pay....1) all inclusive and included snacks..nachos and cheese and fries. 2) all inclusive and a hot meal 3) all inclusive and some kind of seafood meal. We did 1 and it was 25 usd pp. The facitly was ok and the bathrooms were ok. The issue was it was very hard to get a drink and let alone food. We had to complain to someone before we could get food. We tipped him good so he would come back more often. The beer was good ( sol ) but the mixed drinks were kind of weak. The main issue was that there werent enough tables and chairs to accomodate all the people that were there. I am a watert person so i couldnt wait to get into the water. There is a man made breaker about 100 yds off shore so the waves were small and easy to walk around in the water. There was quite a bit of trash floating in the water too, so that was kind of dissapointing. So, back to the table and chairs we finally got and started drinking Sol beer. After a few of these things didnt seem so bad...LOL :D The resort seems to be more geared for the 21+ age group. ( spring breakers ) and not so much for families. God I miss those days now that I am 42 LOL !!

Maybe if they got more chairs and few more servers the place would be a lil better off.

...as Golfer1966 said, I doubt I would return. :( Our group had fun (as usual) but the place was just OK.

There weren't enough beach tables, chairs and umbrellas and only 2x ships were in port. We waited 3+ hours for food cuz we were told we needed a table to get food but the tables were all taken. There were only 2x bartenders for about 30+ people crowding the bar for a drink. It sometimes took 15-20 minutes standing in line just to get a drink. So, we'd order 2x drinks at a time so we didn't waste so much time IN line.

I voiced my concerns and somewhat displeasure with the place to 2x bosses. I told them I frequent the CC boards and they know of it well. I said I could not recommend TB and my reasons why. Surprisingly, they somewhat agreed with me.

However, if you are looking for a place to just drink beer and do shots of Tequila and don't expect much food... you MAY get your money's worth. Then this MAY be the place for you. :o I was drinking Strawberry Daquiris & Pina Coladas...I SAW them use bottles of booze when making the drinks in the blender but wonder now if it was just watered down something or other...Those drinks were VERY weak.

I guess I was expecting a quality place like Paradise Beach :cool: in Cozumel but it's NOT.

Just went on a cruise with Costa Maya as the first stop. We got off to tons of little shops to look around in. Word to the wise though; you can shop here if you like, but it is WAY more expensive than Cozumel. If you will be traveling there, I suggest you wait to do your shopping. We wanted to go to the little village of Mahahual, so we headed toward the taxi area all the way in the back of the port. As you head towards the taxis, however, there are guides looking to sell you tours. We started talking to the Tequila Beach guy about the snorkeling and the all day Tequila Beach Pass. He said the snorkeling was $30.00 per person and the Beach Club Pass would be $40.00 per person. We ended up talking him down to $20.00 per person on the snorkeling only, as the Beach Pass didnt seem worth the money(we just dont eat/drink 40 dollars worth of food a piece, so it didnt make since for us). You then just have to pay a few bucks for the transportation and you're off to Tequila Beach for the snorkeling tour. The coolest thing is that when we got there, we got to use the facilities and chairs just like everyone else who bought the beach passes. We waited about 30 minutes for them to organize the tour and then they took us out by boat to snorkel the reefs for an hour. It wasnt the greatest day to snorkel as the wind was rippin', but we still saw TONS of fish and even a school of squid. Water was absolutely beautiful. They then took us back to Tequila Beach to hang out or cruise Mahahual as we pleased. We checked out a few shops(be warned....the shop owners are PUSHY!....if you dont like that, stay on the boat in Costa Maya).

We wanted to check out other restaurants besides Tequila, so we walked down the beach to a place called the Maya Bar. THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!!! They have the BEST shrimp/conch ceviche we have ever had....and the chips are great to boot! A medium was 10 bucks and was plenty for two. I wouldn't get the rice/beans though.....too much local flavor for us.

After that, we headed back to port and sat in the community pool bar. They have 4 layer daiquiris for ten bucks a pop. They are worth that....trust me. My wife and I split one and were content.

I would recommend everyone going to Costa Maya to take advantage of the things we experienced. We made it a cheap stop without taking out the fun/experience.

We were there New Years Eve day. We had a late start and I had a feeling the place would be full by the time we got there, so we decided not to pay in advance. We had the taxi drop us there to look the place over and sure enough, the beach area was packed with no empty tables/chairs outside. Get off the ship early if you plan on pre-paying to get the discount. We walked 100 yards south into town and had a great time at the Maya Bar. glendon3281 had it right, Tequila Beach seems Coyote Ugly when you've just visited Paradise Beach in Coz 48 hrs earlier. The Maya bar was perfect for our group.

Archived