Disney Wonder 4 day was a wonder

StevefromOhio

We just returned from a 8 day Disney Vacation 4 Days at the park and 4 days on the Wonder.

We traveled with our family of 11. 5 grand children 4 parents and 2 grandparents(us).

We have taken several vacations together but none come close to the the Wonder Experience!

The grand children ages 9mo 3,4,5,7 years had a time of their lives. The Oceaneers Club was a highlight and it was hard to pry them away for other activities. The Characters were very visible and reacted well with the little ones. Even the 9 month old enjoyed the Characters. The kitchen prepared dishes for the baby and happily carried out several special requests.

The stage shows were well done on the level of the best cruise ship shows. While they were Disney based they held everyones attention and thrilled the house.

My high powered executive daughter booked a 7 day cruise for next year and she was one that thought the trip would not be fun for her brood (3yr and 9mo).

A couple of observations:

One as has been reported on this board be sure to turn in pillow cases at the Customer Service desk for the Characters to autograph. Do this early the first day.

The Castaway Key day has so many available options you might wish they would skip Nassau. Walk to the beach as there are characters along the way that the tram will miss.

I don't know where Disney has found so many friendly service providers but they rank among the best and they go out of their way to make sure you are having a good time.

The only negative was it lasted only 4 days!

They are going to the Baltic and the Med in 2010. Russia will never be the same when the Mouse arrives!

Regards

Steve

Thanks for the update. We are heading out next month for the same vacation and good reviews make it that much more exciting. Can you tell me when you boarded? I am trying to decide whether to be at the port early or take the more laid back approach and arrive in the early afternoon.

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear you had such a great time! We leave in a couple of days and can't wait.

Did any of the childern participate in the graduation at the end of the cruise? What was it like? Do they still give out the t-shirts and Mickey ears?

What did people wear for the formal night? I am still not sure what to pack!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Bolt was played in 3D to packed houses.

Board as early as they will allow as there is so much to do on board.

We took over 1000 photos so keep spare batteries handy.

If you see a photographers photo you like buy it right away as they take them down in a few hours to replace them with others.

The only thing you need on Castaway key is sunscreen and camera everything else is provided.

There are 60 full time staff on CC that keep the place up to a high standard

Happy Cruise

Steve

Many people had some sort of Pirate gear on. I would say about a third of the adults and almost all the kids. They gave out bandanas at dinner and I wore mine as a head piece.

All the characters wore pirate themed costumes. Good reason for another round of photos!

Archived