Rome hotels Hotel Dei Mellini and the Rose Garden

I stayed at the Rose Garden about 3 1/2 years ago. The hotel is in a good location; the Spanish Steps is a short walk away. As for public transportation, the Berberini Metro is closeby, plus the bus stop is maybe 30 feet from the hotel. The restaurants are high priced but if you walk down near the Berberini Metro and go left, you will hit some more affordable restaurants and a nice grocery store. The hotel itself is gorgeous. The hotel was the best I have stayed in and I've been to Rome four times, five different hotels. The rooms are on the small side but gorgeous. I heard from some friends at the embassy that the shower heads are the best in Rome (some of the hotels have weak showers). There's a free internet terminal available. They have a very nice breakfast also. It's not the typical cold breakfast as it had eggs, etc. I would definitly stay again.

I stayed at the Rose Garden Palace for 5 days, late October, early November, 2008. Generally very good service with nicely appointed rooms. The staff speaks English. Good breakfast. IMO if you want to see the historic places, the Rose Garden Palace is not centrally located to them. On the other hand, taxis are very reasonable and there is a taxi stand down the block. If you plan to see the wonderful Galleria Borghese, it is a ten minute walk away and the hotel staff will make a reservation for you. One caution, make sure you do not get a room too close to the lift. The hotel has a lot of good features.

Hi,

My family and I stayed at Dei Mellini for 8 days in 2004. I had other family members stay there in the last couple of years and they enjoyed it as well.

I really liked the hotel and the room. We had what they call Deluxe double, which is bigger than the standard. Really nice. The bathroom wasn't huge but was well appointed.

The hotel is located on the same side of the river where the Vatican is. However, it is easy to walk everywhere. It is a quiet area .

I wanted to stay there again a couple of years ago but prices had gone up significantly and we didn't.

Archived