Green Flash in the Caribbean (Dec.)

Martita B.

Sailor's cruisin' in Dec. ~Caribbean~don't forget to watch for the "Green Flash" at sunset. It's an optical phenomena and is rarely seen. Year before last while aboard the Pride we all saw the green flash on Christmas day ~~then again a few days later. Capt. Geir-Arne was at the helm and he'd alert us each afternoon late to go "topside" (or Deck 5, forward) to watch for it. Don't blink~~you'll miss it!

It's truly an added thrill to see this amazing green flash! Many 'ole saltly-dog Sailor's have never seen it!

Have fun!:p

Martita B.

Hello Martha! It has been a few years...perhaps 2004? We were on the Seaborn Pride from Barbados to Fort Lauderdale together. It was about this time of year too.

Sorry I lost touch, had allot happen in life just after the cruise. Often think of you and hope you are well.

Brian Maguire (Formerly of Ft. Lauderdale FL, now Atlanta, GA)

pic-1.jpg.78f7dc9700f3cb45e467f274b07da99a.jpg

Hello Brian

Yes, I certainly remember cruisin' with you~~thank you for remembering me!

Are you still sailing Seabourn? Please consider joining us next March 18th for her last Transatlantic Crossing ~~ (she'll go to Asia, Spirit comes home) The TA is going to be a magical voyage! We'd love to have you aboard!:p Lots of fun, seasoned Sailor's have booked.

I have several good Seabourn friends in and a'round Atlanta! Georgia is a great state!

Thanks again for "touching base."

Happy Holidays :D

Martita B.

Archived