I want your opinion....

cruzan4fun

What are the differences in cabins that are aft compared to mid ship and forward. I see that a lot of people like aft but never explain the difference. I have only sailed mid ship. I'm scheduled to cruise in April in a more forward cabin. Please explain the differences. Thank you so much.

I can only speak of carnival as I only had ONE aft on Voyager of the Seas.

This opinion is for cabins on the direct aft- not the ones on the side aft.
If I am paying the same price for an 8A i want the biggest cabin/balcony for my money. Since cabins are basically the same size I go for the aft cabins which have a bigger balcony. Ok- so its a longer walk so I can eat an extra dessert and walk it off. THere is no sea breezes on the aft like there is on the side and the cabin can get quite warm during the day if you leave the curtains open- But the views on the aft- I can see both sides where if I had a balcony on the side- I can only see THAT side.

Some people prefer midship and low because of motion but IMHO If you are gonna feel motion you are gonna feel motion no matter where you are. I had a cabin on the Riveria deck as low as you can go.smack right in the middle. I swear I felt every wave we hit that weekend.

I havenot yet got a wrap around balcony..although pics are very nice- for the money-how much balcony space do two people need for a 7 day cruise.

[quote name='cruzan4fun']What are the differences in cabins that are aft compared to mid ship and forward. I see that a lot of people like aft but never explain the difference. I have only sailed mid ship. I'm scheduled to cruise in April in a more forward cabin. Please explain the differences. Thank you so much.[/QUOTE]

It's not the aft cabins that are so desirable-it's the cabins on the stern. On many ships the balconies are much, much larger than the ones on the side of the ship. We had our first stern balcony on the Enchantment a couple of years ago and the balcony was almost as large as our cabin. We slept out ther a couple of nights-it was wonderful!

Archived