Tram in Tampa

pmdc5696

My father will be in Tampa Feb 28 before sailing March 1 and will be stayng the Embassy Suites. I have mad reservations for the 28th at Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City for dinner and the Flamenco show on the 28th. here is my dimema. I live in Atlanta and haven't decided if I am going to fly or drive. Does amyone know the hours the tram runs to Ynor City? Does it go walking distance near the Columbia Restaurant. Would a taxi be a better choice? Should I just drive down and park at the pier and have the convenience of having a car? Anyone have any thoughts?

The Tampa Streetcar operates to 2:00A.M on weekends. The fare is $2.50 each way unless you are a senior which is a $1.50 fare. It stops right in front of your hotel and the last stop in Ybor is about 2 short blocks from the Columbia. You might want to take the Trolly to Ybor and taxi back, depending on how late you stay. The taxi would be inexpensive. Its only a 10 minute ride at most.

Mark

Monday thru Thursday it runs until 10 pm; Friday & Saturday until 2 am; on Sundays it only runs until 8 pm (I'm pretty sure this is still the schedule, it has been that setup for awhile).

There's a stop right in by the Embassy Suites (I'm assuming he's in the one by the convention center). If he gets on there & takes it to the last stop, he'd be within a few blocks of the Columbia. That stop is "Centennial Park Station", at the corner of 8th Ave & 18th St. Exit the trolley, cross 8th Ave (heading south), and walk up one block to 7th Ave. Turn left, walk down a couple of blocks; Columbia is at the corner of 7th Ave & 21st St.

It's not a bad walk, 5 minutes or so at a leisurely pace. Unless you have mobility issues it's not bad.

Archived