Good kids friendly excursion in St. Thomas?

nicki_momof3

We are going to St. Thomas with Disney Cruise LIne and are looking for a fun (not to hard on the wallet) excursion that the kids would love (Ages 4,5,6).

We are already doing Dolphin Discovery when we port in Tortola so we are spending a ton on that so we want something less expensive.

Parasdise skyride???

Butterfly farm??

Any suggestions appreciated?

There's a new pirate-theme tour offered by Bruce "Chicago" Flamon that includes a treasure hunt at one of the beaches. You can check his website at therealdealusvidotcom.

They'd probably enjoy The Butterfly Farm. It's within walking distance of the ship, and walk-up admission last year was $15. Some cruise lines offer discount tickets.

If you go to Paradise Point, you should time it with the bird show(s), so the kids won't miss that. I've heard the birds have been taught to ride some kind of miniature bicycle.

Or you could just take them to Emerald Beach by taxi and let them just play in the sand and water. At Emerald there's a tiny, tiny, island-sized "water park" that's very appropriate for the little ones. It's not always open, so I can't guarantee that it'll be available, but there are other playground items there, though it's usually too hot for the kids to enjoy them. There are lots of iguanas there, too, which will probably frighten them until they get used to them.

If you just wanted a beach day you could grab a taxi to Coki Beach. The water is very calm and clear and would good for young children. They can purchase food to feed the fish that swim up close to shore and will eat out of your hands. Right next door is Coral World and some shops and facilities. I've never actually been to Coral World, but I'm sure it would be worth checking out. There are food vendors there if you want to order food. The beach is free unless you want to rent umbrellas or chairs. My kids enjoyed their visit there.

Archived