pre- booked excursions

whenzuc

Haven't been on a Holland America cruise in three years. i was surpised to see that excursion cancellations may be made online without penalty until 5 days prior to departure date. All cancellations that are made less than 5 days prior to cruise departure are subject to a 10% cancellation fee. what ever happened to being able to cancel an excurion 24 hrs before? Is this enforced? What is the cancellation policy if you book on board?

I have booked shore excursions on-line, then canceled once on board. On at least one occasion I canceled the first day when I learned the excursion was too strenuous for me. I was not charged a fee. I don't remember if I booked a replacement excursion; if I did, that may have been the reason for no fee.

I have also canceled and replaced, again with no fee, for a more expensive excursion. I can't remember if it was the first day, or not.

In other words, there might be some flexibility on embarkation day.

There is a cut-off date for cancellations, after which the penalty is full price. That might be the 24-hour limit you are thinking of, but it isn't always 24 hours; sometimes it's further out.

We have booked shore excursions on line many times.

Then once we were on the ship - changed our minds -- saw something better.

On our last cruises - Eurodam - Nov 22 and 29 (and all previous cruises) on the first day you can cancel any pre-booked tours without a penalty. After that there is a 10% penalty if you cancel within the deadline listed on the shor excursion sheet you receive in your cabin. After the deadline you lose everything.

Archived