Malcolm Burn

Ltrain4775

A very good point - Karen and I were even on the same cruise and came away with different views. We also met him under very different circumstances.

Karen - Are you getting ice down your way this morning?

So far just rain....but about 15 miles north is the dividing line where the ice should be............

Be safe.........and think about upcoming cruises........:D

So far just rain....but about 15 miles north is the dividing line where the ice should be............

Be safe.........and think about upcoming cruises........:D

That's what I'm doing...February can't get here soon enough! Looking at the chart that John Heald posted, we have a substitute CD on our Glory cruise - James Charleston, never heard of him - I assume he's an ACD on a ship now.

That's what I'm doing...February can't get here soon enough! Looking at the chart that John Heald posted, we have a substitute CD on our Glory cruise - James Charleston, never heard of him - I assume he's an ACD on a ship now.

Can you check for my cruise?

We just got off the Victory where Malcolm was CD. . . .and I sailed with him 2 years ago on the Victory when he was CD.

A couple of things:

First, I agree with LHP. Not everyone is going to have the same opinion of everyone/every thing on a cruise (or anything else). What one person likes, another may not like and vice versa.

So, that being said. . . First time around (2006), I thought he made too many announcements. I was sick of "Woo Hoo" by the end of the week, but he didn't bother me too much.

Last week, I was pretty impressed with him. He made fewer announcements (Most were necessary ones.), and he was very funny when he was onstage or doing informational talks. He has a great sense of humor and was very nice to passengers. I didn't have any direct dealings with him, but I did notice him with others a few times.

I really enjoyed him a lot more. . . found he'd matured. And, I didn't hear too many "Woo Hoos!":D I'd be very happy if he were CD on my cruise, again.

Here's an interesting tidbit: During his first talk about excursions, he mentioned that he reads Cruise Critic.

He did a silent movie skit that was absolutely hilarious. After the first show we saw him at the deli, told him how much we liked it and that, in fact, we would attend the late show since it would be different, with new passengers on stage. We did attend the second show and sat in the balcony at the side of the stage. In the middle of one of his skits he looked up and acknowledged us. :D

Yea it can.. if he does not shut up and constantly blasts his ridiculous rants on the PA.. yes it will ruin my cruise..

Hes Obnoxious.. and writing to John- wont do anything but at least he will know this guy needs to be retrained but I also wanted to confirm if indeed he is the CD In May as the list only goes to April.

To me the best CD is the one i dont remember...:rolleyes:

I am paying a lot of money for this cruise (NYC) and its my choice as to whether to proceed or not...

Wow, I really hope you would not let a CD ruin your cruise. Unbelievable! I just got off the Victory 11/23, and I found Malcolm to be hilarious. He didn't make alot of announcements and was not annoying or obnoxious. Yes, he did his Woo hoos, but it was not annoying and thru out our cruise passengers would say his signature "Woo Hoo". It was funny.

It is really sad that you are swaying your decision on going on a cruise due to Malcolm. Go and enjoy your cruise!

Gary and I were married on Victory 2/29/08, on the ship. We took 13 Family and Friends. Fantastic time, and we do owe Malcum Burn for alot of it.

Now i understand he will be on our Feb. 17th cruise on Miracle!! The kids are sad and mad they aren't going with us..:DGary and Me;)

Can you check for my cruise?

Karen - John's chart only goes through April, but it looks like Malcolm leaves Victory at the beginning of January and moves to Miracle mid-February. If he goes on vacation six months later, it'll be in the July time frame. You might be lucky....

BTW, we got clobbered upstate with the ice storm. We personally were very fortunate - we only lost power for about 18 hours. There are some folks around us who aren't expected to get their power back until Tuesday or Wednesday.:eek:

[quote name='nybumpkin']Karen - John's chart only goes through April, but it looks like Malcolm leaves Victory at the beginning of January and moves to Miracle mid-February. If he goes on vacation six months later, it'll be in the July time frame. You might be lucky....

BTW, we got clobbered upstate with the ice storm. We personally were very fortunate - we only lost power for about 18 hours. There are some folks around us who aren't expected to get their power back until Tuesday or Wednesday.:eek:[/quote]

My Albany friend got electricity back on Saturday.......had to throw out all his food......the hotels near him had electricity, but they were booked........some buildings near him still do not have.........

Archived