flights

aelittleb

i am trying to book our flight home from miami to hartford (ct). we will be returning to POM on sat feb 29 and our flight options are 11:15am and 3pm. id rather take the earlier flight so we dont have to keep ourselves busy for a long time. i know morning flights can be tight, but with express debarkation and taking a taxi do i have a shot of making the 11:15 flight?

if not, what could we do once off the ship to keep ourselves busy? it will be just the hubby and i but we have our luggage and i dont want to have to lug it all around.

i guess our other option is to stay a night in miami and home on sun.

if not, what could we do once off the ship to keep ourselves busy? it will be just the hubby and i but we have our luggage and i dont want to have to lug it all around.

You referred to "express debarkation" so I'm assuming you're on NCL. You could do the Miami City Tour offered through NCL which is $31/person (I believe). The rate includes dropping you off at the airport afterwards, and your luggage goes in the luggage area below the bus.

If your flight was 3:30 pm, then you could do the Everglade tour, but since your only options are 11:15 or 3, then this is out.

You could probably make the 11:15 am flight but I don't like rushing like that.

If you self disembark you can probably make it. Returned Dec. 6th on the Dawn. We were tied up in Miami at 5:30 a.m. and express disembark started at 7:30. We were scheduled to leave the ship at 9:30 for the shuttle but, actually were called to go at 8:50. NCL process was very efficient and we were waiting at the gate by 11:00 a.m. for our noon flight. Yes....Miami airport is a "Zoo".

You have an excellent chance at making the earlier flight IF, you get an early start, be ready to go and self disembark. Head right to the taxi stand- fixed rate to the airport at $25. I just did this last month and actually made a 8:20am flight, pure luck, but was off the ship by 7am and in the cab. You need to be independent, and not need a porter etc.

You shouldn't have any issue making an 11:15 flight. We took our time getting off the ship (did the express disembark) and made it to the airport and were waiting at our gate around 9:30 or 10.....and our flight wasn't till 12. We didn't rush or anything, just got up carried our luggage off when our floor was called and got a taxi. We had a 3:00 flight on our first cruise, and had to wait around forever at the airport. Wasn't too much fun lol. So I promised myself I wouldn't wait around that long ever again. Have fun!!

• 1 month later...

We're considering a 10:34 flight out of MIA or an 11:04 flight out of FLL following our Century cruise at Christmas. Last year we got up, ate a leisurely breakfast, drove around the port waiting for others to get in the van, and still made it to FLL before 11.

Anyone have any thoughts or recent experiences?

Archived